• 11 Replies

angelavdavis

• Winner - Prettiest Pumpkin 2012
  • An allotment glutton!
    • The Allotment Glutton
Need a brew?
« on: June 29, 2013, 22:10 »
Hi all,

I am referring to the brew for human consumption....

I noticed yesterday that Asda has reduced its single burner camping stove to £10.  It takes the small butane gas cannisters which are priced 4 for £5. 

I thought I would mention it as I have been asked at my site about my little stove and thought this was quite a good price compared with Halfords and other places.
Read about my allotment exploits at Ecodolly at plots 37 & 39.  Questions, queries and comments are appreciated at Comment on Ecodolly's exploits on plots 37 & 39

compostqueen

Re: Need a brew?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 22:20 »
I have a new camping stove for my shed as the last one got nicked  >:(  It takes the butane canisters and today I ran out and had no tea.  I was bereft. All day on the plot with no brew  :ohmy:

The canisters don't last very long at all

angelavdavis

• Winner - Prettiest Pumpkin 2012
  • An allotment glutton!
    • The Allotment Glutton
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 18:36 »
I plan my whole workload around my brews!  I have the same problem with the cannisters to be honest, especially as I have dropped my whistle from my kettle in between the slats of the staging in the shed and, as a result, I end up with a shed which more resembles a sauna when I leave it to boil too long!

If I used a stove which needed a larger gas container, it would get stolen!

Growster...

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 18:51 »
I read a lovely book recently, where one of the plot-holders always had a bottle of wine in her shed, in case of emergencies!

Mrs Growster and I always take a flask of tea or coffee with us, but really, a quick Chateau Growster Chardonnay would be a welcome difference..;0)

Or a couple of pints of 'Old Twillit' (7.5 ABV)

Beetroot queen

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 18:53 »
No way i am having tea facilities on our plot, hubby is 93 years old and drinks 20+ cups a day. We'd never get any blooming work done  :lol:

Mind you i could always hide it for my plot time

Sparkyrog

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2013, 18:56 »
If Hubby is 93 he is doing VERY well  :D
I cook therefore I grow

Beetroot queen

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2013, 19:00 »
If Hubby is 93 he is doing VERY well  :D

He drinks more tea than the local care home. I have threatened to buy him an urn.

Hes actually in his 40's but i have never known anyone drink tea like he does

RJR_38

• www.foodinmytum.com
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2013, 19:17 »
My mum (in her very late 40s) would give him a run for his money! As soon as she has finished a cup the kettle goes on again! She can also drink it within seconds of being poured - she must have burnt out all the cells that gauge temperature in the mouth  :blink:

Beetroot queen

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2013, 19:36 »
My mum (in her very late 40s) would give him a run for his money! As soon as she has finished a cup the kettle goes on again! She can also drink it within seconds of being poured - she must have burnt out all the cells that gauge temperature in the mouth  :blink:

We burn out so many kettles, its never cold, its like a continuous boil. He pours one into the teapot and refills the kettle atthe same time, he then puts it back on. Its not normal  :D

Are we off topic again :lol:

RJR_38

• www.foodinmytum.com
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2013, 19:44 »
Oops probably... To be fair we were talking about tea still. Can't stand the stuff myself  :wacko:

Beetroot queen

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2013, 19:46 »
Oops probably... To be fair we were talking about tea still. Can't stand the stuff myself  :wacko:

I am going to change my name to the queen of off topic  :D

I like tea but 2-3 cups a day is my absolute max. Someone at work did a cartoon of hubby with an iv drip of tea  ::) its not just at home hes like this

Sparkyrog

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2013, 20:25 »
Yes it is BQ I do that for coffee :)

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 38 queries.