Worming and sneezing

• 3 Replies

Mrs.Miggins

Worming and sneezing
« on: April 27, 2006, 14:28 »
Hi there, and nice to meet you all  :lol:
I have had my bantam hens for 9 months and haven't wormed yet, I think it may be about time. Is it safe to eat eggs during administration of flubenvet? Is this treatment acceptable for hens kept 'organically'?
One of my hens has had a persistant sneeze / cough for the last month but  has no discharge and is feeding and running to meet me every day. My concern is that the sneeze persists and although appearing healthy when on the move, she breathes heavily when snoozing and loses colour in her face. This pinks up again and appears healthy red when she wakes or is disturbed. Any ideas?

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
Worming and sneezing
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 20:26 »
Apparently there is no withdrawal period for laying hens treated with flubenvet. In other words you can eat the eggs.
I say apparently because I mistrust pharmaceutical companies on principal (the principal being that they don't have any)

Hope someone else can leap in with ideas for the poorly one.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

green.goddess

Worming and sneezing
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 12:55 »
You are right, there is no egg withdrawl period for flubenvet if it is administered at the recommended dose.
Respite is very good for chickens with cold symptoms. If you do a search for the Domestic Fowl Trust, you will find it for sale in their online shop. Its a totally natural product but beware as it really does stink of garlic!

Ian_P

• Experienced Member
Worming and sneezing
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 19:58 »
Steady on old chap.

I started chicken farming in 1963 when I was 11, joined a pharmaceutical company in 1979, in its agricultural division and still freelance in human research.

WE have principles and a huge number of them. So many that our own standards stop us making commercial decisions far more than any legislation does.

Not every company lives down to the standards portrayed on prime time documentaries.
Ian

Feeding the mini-beasts of Hampshire

xx
sneezing

Started by bramford on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post May 11, 2012, 08:11
by shetan
xx
Sneezing hen.

Started by Bogof on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post April 22, 2010, 10:30
by joyfull
xx
Sneezing,

Started by Craigx on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post November 03, 2012, 19:51
by grinling
xx
Sneezing?

Started by chickpea87 on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post July 23, 2008, 10:36
by kimT

Page created in 0.245 seconds with 38 queries.