New meeting of Seedaholics Anonymous

• 18 Replies

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
New meeting of Seedaholics Anonymous
« on: January 03, 2019, 16:52 »
We know who we are :tongue2:

After playing with plot plans and the seed box all afternoon, I managed to convince myself that I needed must have more seeds  ::)
So, 6 packets of veg from Realseeds and 3 more packets of flowers from an ebay supplier, later - I think I just about managed to reduce the list to reasonable levels tbh   :D

How are you all managing, so far?

rowlandwells

Re: New meeting of Seedaholics Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 17:23 »
my wife said now that's enough seed we have plenty of both veg and flower I had to agree with her then went and bought 6 more packets of seed

my wife went to our  post box on the wall this morning and came back with an enverlope containing some seed packets >:(  :ohmy: needless to say i had my ear bent  :D

Christine

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 17:31 »
Oh dear - someone is going to have to grow the extra seeds in places that don't yet exist on the estate for plant growing methinks.  :lol:

Lardman

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 17:33 »
Do you need to attend a meeting again MoS ?  :lol:

I've been browsing the salads and the peppers, and I'll admit the tomatoes again this afternoon.  I've managed not to buy any more trees this year (so far) but only because I want to put greenhouse number 4 up where I'd plant them.

snowdrops

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 17:49 »

I've been browsing the salads and the peppers, and I'll admit the tomatoes again this afternoon.  I've managed not to buy any more trees this year (so far) but only because I want to put greenhouse number 4 up where I'd plant them.

Goodness sounds like you’ll be starting a different support group if greenhouse no.4 becomes a reality lol
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 19:14 »
I'm not alone then! I got a text earlier to say Wilkos have their seeds back in stock again, guess I know where I'm spending this weeks pocket money...

Mr Dog

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 19:50 »

You can never have too many greenhouses, I've No 5 waiting to be put up at the plot.

Anyway, back on topic. Save me a seat! I've had 6 packets drop through my letterbox this morning, have got another 4 sat in my ebay basket and have a list of stuff I'd like to try from Real Seeds, plus the stuff I'm expecting from the Seed Circle. Resistance is futile...........

whitehill1

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2019, 20:55 »
Thanks to seedcircle my musts padron peppers, cobra beans and dwarf french beans for an exrtra one is sorted. but so many packets of seeds in various mail order websites baskets. may be hubbys b'day time in feb is good time :)

must order moutain magic toms,to cover postage adding up some more
also acorn squash seeds is my must to buy list.delaying it to last minute though.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2019, 11:23 »

Yes we do  :lol:

I'll admit to a Real Seeds shopping session, after I had closed the seedbox and said I'd got enough  :blush:  I only got a few things though  ;)

I also had a seed swap/share with a friend recently, so have acquired a few new oddities, including the Gilfeathers turnip-swede thingy you grew a year or so ago.  Any good?

whitehill1

• Experienced Member
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2019, 11:50 »
now the order for 7 packets has been put and that made OH grumpy too. effects of seedholics thread :)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2019, 11:54 »
the Gilfeathers turnip-swede thingy you grew a year or so ago.  Any good?

Well, as you know, I can usually grow decent swedes, but the Gilfeathers didn't come to anything for me, so I haven't tried them again :(   
Good luck - I hope you have more success than I did!

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2019, 16:42 »

{{{ sigh}}} My name is Sunnt and I am indeed a Seedaholic...

BUT..... I have done my big stock-take, and drawn up a very short list of what needs buying for the coming season. I ma now trying to juggle around so that I can get them from one supplier to avoid having to pay more than one p&p charge.

I am trying so hard not to impulse buy things I have no space for. REALLY hard  :wub:
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

rowlandwells

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2019, 17:30 »
your absolutely rite Mr Dog one can never get enough greenhouses or poly tunnels anyway I forgot to mention I ordered some veg and flower  seed when I ordered my seed potatoes in November for delivery Feb

I also did  a seed audit I'm not going to tell you how many packets of seed I've got but I could probably supply all our village  :ohmy: don't tell her indoors you never know there mite be a shortage of both veg and flower seed when the big B arrives :lol:

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2019, 19:19 »

{{{ sigh}}} My name is Sunnt and I am indeed a Seedaholic...

BUT..... I have done my big stock-take, and drawn up a very short list of what needs buying for the coming season. I ma now trying to juggle around so that I can get them from one supplier to avoid having to pay more than one p&p charge.

I am trying so hard not to impulse buy things I have no space for. REALLY hard  :wub:

This year I made a list of all the seeds I wanted from the various suppliers and found nearly all of them cheaper on justseed.com

Silva

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2019, 21:29 »
I didn't manage to sow all the seeds I had last year and this year I already have even more varieties, so it doesn't bode well! Currently waiting for an order from Chiltern Seeds to arrive. I'm hoping they don't have any seeds for sale at my local potato day as I'm sure I'll crack  :unsure:

xx
Seedaholics beware

Started by Christine on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post February 07, 2018, 08:55
by sunshineband
xx
Zoom Meeting Today

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

8 Replies
Last post May 29, 2020, 11:56
by New shoot
xx
Zoom meeting newbie.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post March 01, 2024, 12:13
by Aunt Sally

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 51 queries.