wood stoves now fitted

• 7 Replies

grinling

wood stoves now fitted
« on: December 02, 2011, 20:27 »
 :) Eventually the guys arrived and they were fab. Pity the guy who quoted the job failed to mention no wood lintel, so once I put a stone one in they will be back to fit the last bit.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: wood stoves now fitted
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 21:00 »
Think we need piccies grinling  :D
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Trillium

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 16:54 »
You'll notice the heat difference quickly and find its worth it. Now you have to always keep a watch for free and cheap, suitable fire wood. Remember that cheap/pallet wood contains a lot of resin that clogs chimneys after a while and can cause chimney fires, so never make it a primary wood source.

grinling

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 12:35 »
Sawed 2 car loads of seasoned wood which my friend Charlie did not want, currently being stored in the polytunnel. Started cutting up next years wood to season, tree provided by local gardener. :D
Lounge stove small.jpg

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 13:08 »
Lovely job. :) I can sit and look at that picture until I get home later to sit in front of mine! :D
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

helens-hens

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 15:48 »
Grinling, your woodburner looks great. Out of interest did you have to do much to get the bricks looking as good as they do? We aren't sure yet how good ours will be or if they will have to plastered over (hope not!).

We are having ours fitted tomorrow / Thursday, just hoping the heavy winds that are expected don't stop them getting on the roof to put the liner down the chimney  :unsure:!
Helen

rowlandwells

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 15:59 »
that picture of the wood burner really looks inviting :) we are in the process of having one fitted we decided to open the old fireplace and chimney that we blocked up when we had the house refurb

ime going to build a brick fire place to set it off and then its ready to install i think it will be better than looking at the radiators and feel more homely apart from the heat factor  :happy:

as i usually do a bit of hedge laying in the winter i can get my hands on some nice logs for the stove
then all we need to do in those cold winter night is put our feet up with a glass of something or other :closedeyes:

grinling

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2011, 20:27 »
Chimney breasts already in, though hubby put in 2 hearths. The other fireplace needs a lintel as it had a wooden one which the fitter said wasn't permitted. Radiators turned off and it is quite cosy.

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 38 queries.