Too many emails

• 8 Replies

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
Too many emails
« on: May 04, 2018, 23:58 »
I get far too many emails - most just get deleted but I have to wonder what on earth the people at Yodel are thinking even sending me an email to tell me that they have delivered my parcel to me. I know they delivered my parcel to me. Or does it only, magically, become real when they tell me by email. I'm sure I remember signing for it.
Perhaps tomorrow they'll send me an email to tell me that they aren't delivering anything to me.
It's a mad, mad world :)
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Veg Plot 1B

• Experienced Member
Re: Too many emails
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 07:37 »
It can help if there are lots of people coming & going in the house and little comunication between them.

Or you are on the plot good to know package has arrived at home?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 07:40 by Veg Plot 1B »

Lardman

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2018, 07:45 »
It's all part of the customer service John; it has absolutely nothing what-so-ever to do with pencil pushers covering their bottoms for accountability, deadlines, performance or targets.

Last time I spoke with a courier (rather than being grunted at and the parcel thrown at me) he was moaning they had to take pictures as proof of delivery if they left anything unsigned for. 

Speaking of deliveries - I wonder where my cherry trees are ?

DanielCoffey

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2018, 08:02 »
It is even more amusing when your parcel arrives and then they send the Dispatch notification.

A good few years ago an online chocolate firm was very lax at sending the order and dispatch notifications and it became a running joke between the two of us that we would say "Yes, we know it has dispatched... it was lovely!"

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2018, 08:16 »
My Yodel delivery guy is usually the same one and we have a system where he leaves my coffee pods in the greenhouse if I am out.  I still get the multiple emails, but we operate on a card through the door so I know he has used his usual hiding place and it works just fine.

In December he knocked the door and said the parcel could not be left unsigned for.  'What's more important than coffee' he asked.  'My winterval present' I said - that gave him a laugh  :lol:

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2018, 15:11 »
I had an email from "Sarah Raven" a few weeks back, informing me my order was being despatched..... hmm, thought I, I don't remember an outstanding order, although I know I sometimes do things absent-mindedly.

It referred to a parcel of small plants I had received about three weeks earlier and were growing away happily in the greenhouse. When I queried the email I was told they were generated automatically..... but at which point in the process????????
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2018, 18:31 »
Royal Mail also email you about 10 minutes after you've 'signed' for a tracked item - as John has observed, it does seem a bit weird, and it would be nice if the first successful 'track' wasn't the one which advises you the parcel is out for delivery 'today'.  :ohmy:

Relatively early days for this technology I suppose, won't be too long before there's an app which wakes you up and makes you a cup of tea as the postman approaches.  ;)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2018, 21:34 »
Royal Mail also email you about 10 minutes after you've 'signed' for a tracked item - as John has observed, it does seem a bit weird, and it would be nice if the first successful 'track' wasn't the one which advises you the parcel is out for delivery 'today'.  :ohmy:

Relatively early days for this technology I suppose, won't be too long before there's an app which wakes you up and makes you a cup of tea as the postman approaches.  ;)

We need waking up at 11.30 in the morning?  :tongue2:

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2018, 21:56 »
I hate parcel farce - he always comes first thing and is disgustingly cheery. Until I've had my first cuppa at least I don't do cheery in a morning.  :ohmy:

xx
Appropriate emails

Started by Veg Plot 1B on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post May 03, 2018, 07:21
by Veg Plot 1B
xx
Cannot get into Emails

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post June 22, 2018, 13:11
by Goosegirl
xx
Emails going to spam ?

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post November 22, 2019, 17:06
by mumofstig
xx
Scam emails

Started by jezza on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post August 29, 2020, 20:28
by jezza

Page created in 0.215 seconds with 50 queries.