organic apple tree care plan

• 1 Replies

Grubbypaws

organic apple tree care plan
« on: September 04, 2016, 13:03 »
I had a Bramley apple tree that I cared for so badly that in the end the only treatment was the saw treatment  :(

I don't use any chemicals in the garden and did nothing else;  it got horribly infected with everything going.

I am starting again with a young 'winter greening'  2 year old feathered tree and wondered if any one had an organic 'care plan' that I could follow.

Should I be using grease bands and tree washes? Any other helpful tips that have proved helpful?

I am excited about this tree and really want to do better by it than I did my Bramley!

Lardman

Re: organic apple tree care plan
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 14:12 »
Personally I wouldn't do anything unless you actually have a problem with pests and deceases.  If you read any of the fruit websites you'll see because of it's popularity Bramley and it's sports are basically decease magnets; you may find the winter greening trouble free.

I used a winter wash last year on my trees - not overly impressed and Im still squishing things by hand.  My local organic nursery sprays Pyrethrum on aphids and scrubs wooly aphids with a stiff brush   :ohmy:  but that's all reactive rather than preventative.

xx
Apple tree care advice/ideas

Started by robinahood on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post February 05, 2018, 19:14
by robinahood
xx
Winter care dwarf apple trees.

Started by LILLILEAF on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post October 13, 2017, 11:22
by trunk monkey
xx
fruit tree care

Started by LILLILEAF on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post August 29, 2016, 16:03
by Lardman
wink
Dwarf Fruit Tree Care

Started by Daamoot on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post January 08, 2013, 08:00
by Daamoot

Page created in 0.312 seconds with 38 queries.