im having problems

• 25 Replies

nzdunn

Re: im having problems
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2009, 13:12 »
can i just say something about those fly traps.   I had two hanging versions of the red top, with the fly baite inside and then you filled with water.   I hung them up away from the chucks but i really feel now it was me that brought the flies to me if you know wot i mean,   ive taken them down now as they do stink and just hung up some fly papers instead.   I found those big blue bottles didnt fit inside the hanging fly traps i had and just loads of them hovered around it.    Strange though since i took them down late last nite doesnt seem to be as much flies about.   nickyx
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 13:16 by nzdunn »

Roughlee Handled

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2009, 13:13 »
Hey Foxy is this the time to tell Caralou that I have never used them just know that they are good?
Stuart

Dont worry I am just paranoid duckie.

If I get the wrong end of the stick its because I have speed read. Honest.

Blar blar blar blar snorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre.

Foxy

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2009, 13:21 »
Hey Foxy is this the time to tell Caralou that I have never used them just know that they are good?

erm Ruff, lets just keep quiet on ths one!!! :unsure: :unsure:

poppies

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2009, 13:43 »
Just  this morning received my red top fly catchers from ebay, they are supposed to be very good, only paid £34.95 for 5 they are £10 each  from other places

Caralou

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2009, 14:27 »
Ruff!!!!  :ohmy: I think it's worth a try anyway, £16 for 2 and if they don't work it's not the end of the earth, just have to find something else that does. Fingers crossed though. I'm putting at the end of the garden so won't attract towards the house in any event (says to put in sunlight and that's the sunniest part). Will give an update when I've tried them  :)

SnooziSuzi

• Facebook
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2009, 14:32 »
my henhouse is often full of flies in the morning, even after I have cleaned out all of the poo.  I find that if the doors and windows are open for the day it reduces the number in the hen house, but I really can't comment on any outside as I'm (thankfully) not being plagued by them

mad mark

• Experienced Member
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2009, 15:40 »
No flies on me. Just clean out the shed of the poo under where they perch each morning every day and the shed is clean. Leave the door ajar during the day as the run is enclosed so no problem with invaders and flies. Then there is fresh air in there and as the hot summer has not reached Derbyshire yet we are okay. I have bark chippings and a few flags in the run with most of the run covered it stays dry and just scoop up those runny poos with a few bark chips and no smell problem. Wouldn't have them right next to the house though or you will get the odd fly during the day as you cant poop scoop all day. Enjoy them sounds like you have a big garden to put them in anyway. 8) I lost a bird last week and so we all have bad days........
Mad Mark

nzdunn

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2009, 17:30 »
cheers mad mark,  :D

brenda

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2009, 20:30 »
Hi Nicky
Hows the chooks going?
See your having problems with poo and flies! We haven't had much trouble at the moment, last year though was terrible, the flies were every where, I live out in the country and there where cattle and calves in the field and I blamed them. As for the poo well you should see our lawn its really green!! great fertilizer. Hubby built new hen house this year and its on the concrete street so we just hose down.
Don't lose heart and don't give up!!
Brenda

Caralou

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2009, 14:41 »
Well Ruff, if you weren't a married man I'd kiss you  :tongue2: :lol: The fly traps are working a treat taking them all to the end of the garden instead of swarming the house and the chooks  :D Really please about it, and I'm sure the girls are happier without being bothered by flies all day.

Roughlee Handled

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2009, 14:49 »
A £10 in the post will be fine.

:tongue2:

xx
Rat Problems

Started by Nutty on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post December 07, 2011, 08:11
by Helenaj
question
Still having problems.....

Started by Chuckles on The Hen House

16 Replies
Last post April 17, 2009, 21:47
by Chuckles
xx
Problems between no 3 and no 2

Started by rosegarden on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post August 27, 2014, 22:53
by grinling
xx
More bum problems

Started by Prod on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post May 03, 2012, 12:26
by ANHBUC

Page created in 0.235 seconds with 38 queries.