Dreading it !!!

• 10 Replies

mrs bouquet

Dreading it !!!
« on: September 19, 2018, 09:39 »
Sitting here looking out the window, have to leave in 30 mins, to go by coach to a Canal Boat Trip for 75 minutes.   As many of you will know I have Meniere's Disease, and therefore lots of problems with balance.
Just hoping I will be alright.  The trees are bending double and its raining.  I have taken all my tablets, so its a case now of hoping and praying.  I think canals are supposed to be fairly staple aren't they ???
Right thats it, go and get my sou'wester on and my riding mac.   After all its hardly Scott or Livingstone is it.
But if you don't hear from me for a while, you'll know why  :D :D  Farewell my Friends.   :D :D  regards  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

wapello

• Experienced Member
Re: Dreading it !!!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 12:05 »
 Stop  moaning Mrs B   :nowink: enjoy the day  and the trip,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,tomorrow is another day   :D
Colin

robinahood

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 16:56 »
My office is next to a working canal and there is usually lots of activity but I haven't seen a single unmoored boat today. I wonder if they called it off?

mrs bouquet

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 17:03 »
Oh, that wasn't moaning - it was just fear.  :lol: :lol:

grinling

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 19:22 »
Meniere's Disease is absolutely horrible. I get bouts of it and take medication as and when required.
I hope you enjoyed the trip
xx

mrs bouquet

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2018, 10:37 »
Thank you Grinling for your nice reply.  I have to take masses of meds every day to try to combat it.

Many people don't know anything about it and how unpleasant it can be, especially if one has a drop attack and is rolling around and being very sick.  (people often think we are drunk - but I don't drink  :nowink: )
I do balance exercises daily, and can only eat 2mg of salt per day, which is quite hard to achieve.

But the trip was good, the swaying of the coach was a bit uncomfortable, and so was the barge when it was tied-up, but it was ok once we "set sail"

Next challenge is crossing the Bay of Biscay in October !!

Thanks again,  Mrs Bouquet

jaydig

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2018, 17:18 »
Glad you enjoyed your trip Mrs B. and I hope the Bay of Biscay crossing goes just as smoothly for you.
At least you didn't chicken out, and faced the challenge bravely, for which I think you deserved a medal!

mrs bouquet

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2018, 17:33 »
Aw, gee, thanks   :blush:  Mrs B

grinling

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2018, 20:28 »
worst times are turning over in bed and the world keeps going, standing up too quick and nearly falling over, let alone a car journey with balance upset...thus nearly falling over when getting out  :D

mrs bouquet

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2018, 11:15 »
Grinling, If you want to PM me, I can tell you about exercises, meds, and The Meniere's Society.  Mrs B

grinling

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2018, 18:39 »
will check out their website,only suffer about twice a year

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 35 queries.