Had enough Now - Told the Doctor !

• 7 Replies

mrs bouquet

Had enough Now - Told the Doctor !
« on: November 06, 2018, 15:04 »
for many years I have had Carpal Tunnel, Dupytrons, Raynauds and a lump in my wrist.   After my hols, I did something to damage the base of my thumb where it goes into the back of my hand.  Apparently strained tendons, which are  inside the Carpal Tunnel. !Cannot use it at all now and the pain is going right up my arm.
Saw the practice nurse who said, wear your wrist splint and book another wrist jab.  Reception said not until 12th December.
Had enough now.   Just spoken to Duty Doctor, and told her to get me referred to have Tunnel and Dupytron operated on.   She said OK, but I'll book you in for another jab meanwhile.  Is Monday 26th November alright.
Yes Please.      But will I get the wrist op done in my lifetime I ask myself  :D   Cannot believe I told her that, I am not usually a person who  'has enough'.    Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Had enough Now - Told the Doctor !
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 17:12 »
Sorry you're in pain Mrs B, I jope you get your op soon, fingers crossed :)
You are lucky thogh, if you've managed to actually talk to a Dr. I can't get to mine. So I spoke to his secretary who told me to ring back last Thursday when she would have the info I asked for, rang as asked and got message to leave name and number which I did - nothing, same on Friday and yesterday. Tomorrow I will try to get an appointment with my Dr again, see what happens this time  :mad:
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 17:15 by mumofstig »

mrs bouquet

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 17:29 »
I rang appointments and told reception I wanted to have a today's duty doctor ring, which she did about 1 hour later.   I must admit I was amazed.   I must try being forceful again sometime   :lol:
Hope you get your info Mum.    regards  Mrs Bouquet

AlaninCarlisle

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 17:47 »
We must have a good NHS service here. I phoned the medical practice in early October, the doc phoned me back the same morning and gave me an appointment for two days later.  My doc diagnosed Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, wrote to local hospital, I had an appointment with a practice physiotherapy nurse within 2 weeks. He confirmed the doc's diagnosis and arranged an appointment at local hospital at which I attended today. They gave me a choice of operation in December or January

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 18:33 »
I think we'll all havery to move to North Cumbria, Alan -Marvelous service.

"I've had to wait for 3 week just to have blood taken for a test.

grinling

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2018, 22:13 »
Alanin which operation are they offering you as I am trying to get my friend to have this done.

AlaninCarlisle

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2018, 10:08 »
No idea what the medical term for the operation is but apparently they make an incision into my palm to relieve the restriction on the nerve feeding the muscle that controls my thumb, forefinger and middle finger. Apparently the operation itself takes less than 10 minutes. I'll have to keep the dressing on for a week or so and my arm in a sling or at least raised up for three days. Sounds a doddle

mrs bouquet

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2018, 11:22 »
If I come up to Carlisle, can they do two for the price of one  :lol:  Good Luck and please let me know the outcome, regards  Mrs Bouquet

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 48 queries.