New Pet, No Feathers, But Scales !! Avoid if you don't like pets with NO LEGS !!

• 11 Replies

spottymint

• Experienced Member
Just had a milestone birthday and got a new pet.

Sweet talked the O/H into letting me have this,

He's only a baby, like a 2ft bootlace, will grow into a 3ft wide baguette...  ::)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Pretty but glad I'm glad he's not in my house  :lol:

3ft wide  :ohmy: or 3ft long?

surbie100

• Winner Prettiest Pumpkin - 2014
He is lovely! Gorgeous markings. What is he?

spottymint

• Experienced Member
3 ft long, not wide, even I would not like 3ft wide.

He's a Royal Python, but a colour morph not as he would look in the wild.

LotuSeed

Awww I love snakes! What morph is he, or she? Have you had him or her sexed? I have two ball pythons and a columbian redtail boa. They're really sweet creatures. I once took my late, 7ft 45lb boa into Petsmart and the reactions we got were hilarious! She was wrapped around my waist and over my shoulders. She seemed quite interested in the fish lol. Snakes are awesome, congratulations!
Avg Last Frost Date, April 9, Avg First Frost Date, Oct 26
Avg Growing Season, 200 days

Goosegirl

Absolutely gorgeous!! I love snakes and once held a garter snake but would love to hold a bigger one.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

spottymint

• Experienced Member
He is a flame fly morph. Dads an american flame. Here we don't recognise flame, so UK equivalent is a firefly. Fire and pastel morphs.

Kate and her Ducks

Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

spottymint

• Experienced Member
He is a flame fly morph. Dads an american flame. Here we don't recognise flame, so UK equivalent is a firefly. Fire and pastel morphs.

There is a reptile shop for sale in Morcombe somewhere, if you pop round they may let you hold a bigger snake.

He's my first snake, so lots to learn and I had to pick a colourful one.  ;)

He's only small at the moment, 4 months and about 2 ft, but a skinny 2 ft.

LotuSeed

There is a reptile shop for sale in Morcombe somewhere, if you pop round they may let you hold a bigger snake.

Balls can be finicky eaters so it's good to keep track of their eating. My youngest one has only ever refused food once in the time she's been with me. Our older ball will skip meals sometimes. (We offer food once a month but they decide if they want it or not). Oh and we feed frozen-thawed over live.

spottymint

• Experienced Member

Balls can be finicky eaters so it's good to keep track of their eating. My youngest one has only ever refused food once in the time she's been with me. Our older ball will skip meals sometimes. (We offer food once a month but they decide if they want it or not). Oh and we feed frozen-thawed over live.

I was lucky, my little guy fed within 2 days of me bringing him home.
Fed twice in 2 wees, I know they can be finicky eaters and we will only be feeding frozen defrost (allergy to live rats). I went for a royal as a nice size and docile as he is my first snake and the only snake I have held, ever.

LotuSeed

When I got my younger ball, the guy in the pet store actually said he wouldn't buy her because she'd probably be dead in a few days. She hadn't been eating on her own so they had started force feeding her! (She was a tiny one and very very young) I brought her home and covered her terrarium with a towel. I offered her a pinky a day or two later and she took it. She hadn't quite gotten the hang of which end goes down first, so I would hold onto it so that she could get it down smoothly. She hadn't been eating at the pet store because she was so darn stressed! Anywho, they can be finicky eaters and can go for several months without food or water. (Though I wouldn't expect to see that in a younger one). People always ask me how I know when to feed them and I tell them when they all stare at me through the glass like "where's dinner?" Lol. They are lovely beings! 👀💗🐍

xx
Pets with feathers?

Started by Paul Plots on Pets without Feathers

51 Replies
Last post November 30, 2013, 10:33
by Paul Plots
xx
Pets with Feathers?

Started by Paul Plots on Pets without Feathers

9 Replies
Last post December 08, 2012, 21:42
by shoozie
xx
Your Pets

Started by mrs bouquet on Pets without Feathers

1 Replies
Last post July 05, 2020, 14:16
by sunnywillow
xx
our pets

Started by yaxley on Pets without Feathers

16 Replies
Last post February 12, 2013, 12:59
by Agatha

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 40 queries.