where to go sea fishing

• 18 Replies

big green bloke

• Experienced Member
where to go sea fishing
« on: January 19, 2007, 20:34 »
any one got any idea where to go sea fishing in north lincs area or a little bit futher out could treat it as a day out . yours big green bloke
remember plants can't read books

Zak the Rabbit

• My (occasional) blog -
where to go sea fishing
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 22:05 »
A bloke i used to work, Robert, with left to start a B&B and fishing boat business from skegness. So i guess theres some around there.

I think this is one Muntjak will be able to answer for ya
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
the rabbit of caerbannogg

muntjac

where to go sea fishing
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 23:35 »
forget skeggy they have replenished the beaches down there go to grimsby .head for north wall on the docks . or east halton up topwards immingham  after high tide fish it down and then half up ,its soft mud but very good fishing lots of codling to 9lb .lug worm and liligo tip . northwall grimsby .go over humber street bridge  and onto docks head for cromwell sea angling club head quarters to park car then walk down to the wall aim to fish of birds eye factory . 75 yds to 170 will find codling and inshore whiting lug worm . bait suppllies from lightwoods tackle cleethorpes road .
still alive /............

ziggywigs

where to go sea fishing
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2007, 03:40 »
Hi big green bloke.....try this blog of my pal..he fishes up in muntjacs territory now but done a lot around North Lincs as he's Grimsby born and bred before settling in Norfolk.

blooming cold on that North Wall! brrrrr!

East Anglia Sea Angling his email addy is on the site if you want to contact him....he's fishing mad!

Ziggy

muntjac

where to go sea fishing
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2007, 10:52 »
im just a lincolnshire man ......,i used to fish of the west pier on royal docks but the blooming beuracrats closed it down .on safety grounds .90 yrs that has been a fishiing spot n never an accident ,best was 11 codling to 17lbs . incidently my best of my beach is 21 lbs at benacre ... i can fish there cos we got beach access .if ya wanna fish it i can tell ya  way in thats public  :wink: but not known

Zak the Rabbit

• My (occasional) blog -
where to go sea fishing
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2007, 11:25 »
oooops! sorry, just thought it all through and he actually moved to bridlington! so muntjaks right, forget skeggy :cry:

ziggywigs

where to go sea fishing
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2007, 16:09 »
Yeah Muntjac it's a shame they've closed it all off.....daft as it sounds to the uninitiated used to go down there for a walk and watch the ships going through the loch gates on a Sunday.  All the contraband coming in and out put paid to all that.

My family are from fishing background, Grimsby and Gorleston.   Spent lots of happy times waiting for grandad, uncs et al coming home from deep sea fishing with lots of foriegn goodies in Grimsby and Immingham docks.

One thing i miss up here is the lack of fresh filleted fish from the docks.....don't bother with it much up here and if i do i'm reduced to buying Youngs pre battered stuff which is made in Gy.  :(   Was sorry to see the pontoon standing empty too.....used to fascinate me watching them fillet.

muntjac

where to go sea fishing
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2007, 20:02 »
thats where i learned myself mate .used to work summer hols doing dogs used to catch bus 16 from home to freeman street n walk over the crossings riby square , werked for 4 baggers n then made home for 3pm in the afternoon with a fry up every day , mom used to swap it for other stuff except fridays  or if i managed to get on board a trawler and check the nets for crabs etc . i got so many one time i got em home knackered  and left em in the kitchen for my mom to copper  ( boil in the family wahing bowl in the outhouse .had to light a fire n fil with water add salt n boil )  and then she would have em on the louth market for 2 bob each lol .. so i left this sack n my sister pam was home poorly the sack went over she came in kitchen n she got runs from the crabs running round floor lolo.. my mom clunked me lug for leaving em in kitchen lol

sorrel

• Experienced Member
where to go sea fishing
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2007, 22:10 »
go much further north to the isle of Skye (neist point)  - even i managed to catch some there  :wink:
Starting from scratch............

muntjac

where to go sea fishing
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2007, 22:33 »
i fished for rays up there  its beutiful in any weather

muntjac

where to go sea fishing
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2007, 22:37 »
another place for them bigguns is oban with the cheviot crew

ziggywigs

where to go sea fishing
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2007, 03:40 »
Uurrrgh can't stand crabs as had a similiar experience to your sis Muntjac.....my unc came home from sea and brought with him a couple of choice crabs....he left them wondering around the kitchen whilst he prepared the water.  I remember being backed up against the wall with these flaming crabs coming towards me...of course they weren't after me they were trying to get through the door but at aged 5 you don't realise.

Stuck in my memory to this day and when he popped them in the pot i remember seeing their claws trying to push the lid off trying to get out.

Yuk so anything crabby or lobster looking i'm away.

king cauli

• Experienced Member
where to go sea fishing
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2007, 03:52 »
wow,you up early or late?
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q102/kingcauli/th_thc.jpg[/img]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q102/kingcauli/caulicow.jpg[/img]

shaun

where to go sea fishing
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2007, 08:08 »
sea fishing is for folks who cant tie small hooks  :D  :wink:
feed the soil not the plants
organicish
you learn gardening by making mistakes

muntjac

where to go sea fishing
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2007, 11:15 »
oy wassuck . my hooks dont have eyes i whips mine on 8)

xx
fishing net

Started by Y.E.A.H on Frugal Living

11 Replies
Last post June 10, 2010, 23:35
by Y.E.A.H
xx
if you like fishing...............

Started by Y.E.A.H on Frugal Living

11 Replies
Last post June 11, 2010, 18:46
by sion01

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 39 queries.