Our Giant French Rabbit

• 21 Replies

Kate and her Ducks

Re: Our Giant French Rabbit
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2012, 22:37 »
Well not trying to lead you astray but if you are going to go for anything quail are great! Very easy to care for compared to other poultry. DEcent feeder and and good nipple drinker and you need to check on them daily and that is it!  Pretty birds and lovely eggs as long as they don't attack each other.

Huge Congratulations on the cheeky unexpected baby even if it is getting in the way of the livestock!
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

shetan

• Experienced Member
  • a wandering soul in a gsd body
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2012, 14:23 »
oh don't encourage me!

i had elaborate plans of getting a wife for logan, 6 quail, breeding the jerseys, trying to raise our own Christmas dinner not to mention getting hubby to agree to a pig....the veggie plot was coming along and we were very nearly living 'the good life'....

now its going to be the crying, drooling, eating, pooping and sleeping life (and thats just hubby!  :tongue2: )
1 Husband, 3 German Shepherds, 3 Black Jersey Giants, 3 White Jersey Giants, 1 White Jersey Cross, 1Blue Buff Columbian Brahma, 2 Buff Columbian Brahma, 1 White Columbian Brahma,  3 Gold Brahmas, 2 Golden Quail, 2 Giant Continental Rabbits and a Sister!

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2012, 14:38 »
Well not trying to lead you astray but if you are going to go for anything quail are great! Very easy to care for compared to other poultry. DEcent feeder and and good nipple drinker and you need to check on them daily and that is it!  Pretty birds and lovely eggs as long as they don't attack each other.

Huge Congratulations on the cheeky unexpected baby even if it is getting in the way of the livestock!

Which drinker do you use for your quail Kate as I have tried both lots of mine on rabbit drinkers but they still use the hen drinker I have in their cages.  I am too scared to take the other water source out in case they dehydrate.  They will peck at the rabbit drinker if I squeeze it and drops come out but otherwise it stays full.  ::)
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2012, 18:52 »
I just use the rabbit nipple drinkers. I find that if they have the usual ones they just kick bedding into them and then they won't drink from it. The nipple drinkers keep the water fresh and they learn very quickly how to use them.

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2012, 20:03 »
I just use the rabbit nipple drinkers. I find that if they have the usual ones they just kick bedding into them and then they won't drink from it. The nipple drinkers keep the water fresh and they learn very quickly how to use them.

Have bitten the bullet and taken out their other drinker so it will be rabbit drinker or thirsty.  I will keep an eye on the water level to check that they are actually drinking from it.  I am leaving my other quails at the moment with them having injuries I don't want to stress them with a new drinking system.  Thanks for the advice Kate.   :D

Sprinter60

• Vegetable Garden Direct
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2012, 18:43 »
Here she is...all 3.5kg of her!
Jazz.jpg

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2012, 19:08 »
That is one big bunny  :D
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

xx
Programme on giant himalayan bees

Started by massa on Pets without Feathers

5 Replies
Last post April 09, 2011, 13:45
by lancashiregardeninggal
xx
rabbit nesting

Started by caerkev on Pets without Feathers

9 Replies
Last post June 04, 2010, 20:05
by caerkev
xx
Rabbit has just been spayed..

Started by chloe on Pets without Feathers

3 Replies
Last post October 27, 2011, 08:36
by chloe
xx
Evil rabbit

Started by chloe on Pets without Feathers

5 Replies
Last post November 16, 2010, 20:42
by chloe

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 34 queries.