Septic tank help

• 18 Replies

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
Re: Septic tank help
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2011, 18:50 »
 :)
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

grinling

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2011, 20:22 »
Thanks for the answers everyone. Hubby wants to ask surveyor a few things. Have a builder, roofer, plasterer and a man for the oil boiler going in Wed, so hubby going up to check on things and ask questions and how much!!

ex-cavator

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2011, 00:25 »
Of course, ifyou're buying the property, why don't you stipulate that the septic tank is emptied as a condition of the purchase (even better - stipulate that it is inspected for structural integrity as a condition of the purchase - then not only do you get it emptied, but if it's broken, you can order them to fix it as well).

Sorted  :lol:

Trillium

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2011, 16:45 »
Greywater was never meant for long term storage, only very short term, mostly to be used on actively growing veg. In winter, you'd divert it into a soakaway. If you want longterm water, consider the old fashioned cisterns which could be buried in the ground, in cellars or in sheds. This water was used for laundry, doing dishes, and baths. Well water was for drinking.

I'm on a septic tank but I'd never have guttering or anything draining into mine as it would soon fill up too fast. The collection tank is for solid matter to have time to break down before it gets washed down the weeping lines in gentle stages, never to be flooded too fast or too soon before it can decompose into less 'toxic' matter.

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 35 queries.