compost block maker

• 2 Replies

rowlandwells

compost block maker
« on: November 26, 2018, 17:58 »
I was reading an article in which gardening about a compost block maker not new to me as I was using a compost block maker several years ago but then you could buy a block making compost If remember it was quite good for seed sowing but I can't remember why I stopped making compost blocks

I have to say since reading this article I don't know if one can still buy block making  compost  I haven't seen any in any Garden centres the block maker I had was a plastic one cost pence those days the new version will set you back around twenty quid and from what's said the compost should be wet and when turned out of the block maker the compost stays in a block so basically you don't need block making compost and as you set the seed individual there's no need for pricking out

sounds a good idea so I'm going to find my plastic block maker and do some experiments with ordinary compost's to see if it works  :unsure:by the way has anyone been using a compost block maker

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: compost block maker
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 20:20 »
Funnily enough you asked this question quite a few years ago  ::) :lol: :lol:
block compost in Grow Your Own - Page 1 of 1

There are a couple of 'recipes' for making your own here, one for seeds one for seedling
Blackberry Lane - Soil Blockers - Information sheet01

Moorland Gold seed & cutting compost can be used for blocking according to the blurb https://www.lime.org.uk/moorland-composts.html

rowlandwells

Re: compost block maker
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 17:05 »
yes your probably Mum as you said I did ask the  same question a few years ago  so seeing this article in which prompted me to see if anyone had actually been blocking but as your the only one who answered I take it its no

but your addons will be worth a look thanks for that info I think the article was to encourage us gardeners to reduce plastic as the article said Alternatives to plastic and it may be the answer  for some although we still have plenty of plastic to keep us going for several years yet so blocking mite not be an option  :D :D

xx
block compost

Started by rowlandwells on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post December 05, 2010, 22:16
by solway cropper
xx
Chip off the old block

Started by Anton on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post February 10, 2010, 22:33
by solway cropper
xx
Peas in a block

Started by LotuSeed on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post April 24, 2015, 17:08
by upthetump
xx
Eco pot maker

Started by Elmarto on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post October 16, 2012, 08:07
by Salmo

Page created in 0.311 seconds with 36 queries.