Advice on tenancy and co workers

• 16 Replies

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: Advice on tenancy and co workers
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2018, 10:57 »
of course this doesnt cover why they allowed you all on in the first place!

Ours do stuff like that, but I think just because they want plots filled and worked.

I dug out my tenancy agreement out of curiosity and it is just the tenant and the council named in ours.  No mention of co-workers or insurance, but it does specifically forbid under letting or parting with possession of any piece the allotment. 

I know people on our site tell the council they share, because they have to ask the council for gate keys and they get them without any issues.  These are shared, not split plots, so 1 pays the rent and has their name on it, but someone else also gardens on there.  We have had 3 people share before, but currently it is only pairs.

When I got my agreement on 1st Feb 2000 they said they were in the process of updating it, but I guess they still are because a revised one has never been supplied.  I wouldn't be holding my breath waiting for new terms before signing tbh  :)

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
Re: Advice on tenancy and co workers
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2018, 11:42 »
of course this doesnt cover why they allowed you all on in the first place!

Ours do stuff like that, but I think just because they want plots filled and worked.

I dug out my tenancy agreement out of curiosity and it is just the tenant and the council named in ours.  No mention of co-workers or insurance, but it does specifically forbid under letting or parting with possession of any piece the allotment. 

I know people on our site tell the council they share, because they have to ask the council for gate keys and they get them without any issues.  These are shared, not split plots, so 1 pays the rent and has their name on it, but someone else also gardens on there.  We have had 3 people share before, but currently it is only pairs.

When I got my agreement on 1st Feb 2000 they said they were in the process of updating it, but I guess they still are because a revised one has never been supplied.  I wouldn't be holding my breath waiting for new terms before signing tbh  :)
A very similar story with us until we went self managed, thats when things changed for the better, everything transparent (no jumping up the lists becuase you know someone) plus a lot of other stuff that used to go no longer does.
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

xx
Tenancy termination

Started by Liam Clarke on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post April 18, 2021, 08:10
by The bunny
xx
Gin Advice Please

Started by Elaine G on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post November 30, 2020, 21:06
by jezza
xx
Any dog owners.. advice please?

Started by sunshineband on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post July 22, 2019, 08:50
by sunshineband
xx
Phone advice please

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post October 15, 2021, 05:35
by Growster...

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 35 queries.