Condensation

• 3 Replies

mrs bouquet

Condensation
« on: September 24, 2018, 09:26 »
Definitely autumn and rain and a temperature drop.   
Condensation on a couple of windows this morning.   Having wiped that away, I can see that my windows are very dirty. :ohmy:
Time to get my de-humidifier out and plug it in.   Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Goosegirl

Re: Condensation
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 13:10 »
We have two de-humidifiers going all the time (one upstairs and one in the extension) because the stone our old cottage is made from soaks water up like a sponge even though we had it damp-proofed years ago, and it has no proper foundations except for some very large stones at its base. Our new windows put in last year are very good so we don't get any condensation on them. MB - what make is yours? Our downstairs one is an Ebac which thrums rather loudly, but the one upstairs is a Meaco which is a lot quieter and a bit more versatile.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 16:03 »
Hi Gg,  Mine is Ebac, it is quite heavy and holds  1 gallon of water.   I can hear to click on/off sometimes, but normally only run it on low.  It may have to be higher for a couple of weeks, whilst everything dries out.
I am probably not the best judge of the noise, almost completely mutton.  :lol:  :lol:  But I do rate it as very efficient. ,  regards,  Mrs Bouquet.  PS:  If its noisy downstairs, perhaps you could swap them around, so you don't hear it.

Goosegirl

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 15:02 »
We got two and had one in the bedroom but couldn't sleep for the rattling noise so it's going spare if anyone wants to collect it.

xx
Condensation on the windows

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post December 10, 2022, 14:23
by AndyRVTR

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 35 queries.