Spalding auction

• 1 Replies

snowdrops

Spalding auction
« on: August 29, 2018, 08:44 »
Hi, as I mentioned on the Spring bulb thread, last week I went to Spalding to the auction house there for vegetables. I’d pre ordered some spring bulbs for my local garden club( we plant the hanging baskets up for the Parish Council) it was the first time I’ve been( I now organise the baskets).
I had a great day, a gardening old boy took me. Anyone can go & you don’t need to register.
They auction the veg & plants & cut flowers on a Wednesday starting at 11.a.m with the veg. Very interesting. They then move on to the cut flowers & plants. You can buy a cup of tea & get a bacon buttie etc from a van outside, they did nice cakes too & sandwiches.
The bulbs aren’t in tge auction & you can contact them to go on their email list for updates of what bulbs they have in each week. Pre order fast though as they ge quickly.
I shall certainly go again, bit of a trek for me so it will probably be just once a year. Shame to see the prices they got for the veg, some obviously from market gardeners. Not a huge amount but probably took an hour to an hour & a half to auction when I was there.
I bid on a bag of onions, 6.5 kgs for £3.05 (with commission) in the auction. The auctioneer just asked for my name, she knew the regulars by name. Then when it was over I went through to the cashiers who printed off an invoice & I paid. They take cash or card,not sure about cheques.
There was also a large floristry wholesale dept with artificial flowers & lots of flower arranging accoutrements that I also enjoyed & there was a garden type centre with sprays,wheelbarrow,that I spied through a doorway, but we didn’t go in there
Hope that helps Rowlandwells😊

Home - Spalding Auction
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 08:58 by snowdrops »
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

rowlandwells

Re: Spalding auction
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 15:33 »
thanks for that Snowdrops its sounds just up my street what a day out and from what your saying you really enjoyed that day

when I get back on my feet I'm going to take trip to Spalding auctions I can't thank you enough for telling me about this place

all the best RW

xx
Dutch Flower Auction

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post July 02, 2018, 14:26
by mrs bouquet

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 34 queries.