Blood Glucose levels.

• 4 Replies

Kleftiwallah

Blood Glucose levels.
« on: July 22, 2018, 13:25 »

Why do I feel hunky dory when my blood glucose level is 2.5ish?  According to the 'experts' I should be either horizontal or worse,  but I'm fine!

EXPERT - definitian.  Ex -has been spert - a drip under pressure.

Cheers,  Ton :lol:y.
I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

8doubles

Re: Blood Glucose levels.
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 13:54 »
A friend of mine had the same !
A nurse asks do feel all ok ?
Friend answers" yes i  feel fine "!
Nurse walks out does a re- test , comes back " are you sure you are all right"!

She seemed to think 21.7 was something to worry about !
 ;)

Goosegirl

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 14:18 »
In my view 21.7 is something that does need attention as it is above the normal limit for glucose levels, and 2.5 means you're under the normal limit. Maybe lack of sugar makes you just feel "high" but KW - you need to get some form of sugar into you as soon as poss.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Fairy Plotmother

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 16:11 »
In my view 21.7 is something that does need attention as it is above the normal limit for glucose levels, and 2.5 means you're under the normal limit. Maybe lack of sugar makes you just feel "high" but KW - you need to get some form of sugar into you as soon as poss.
I agree totally with goosegirl. I have learned an awful lot about blood glucose levels since last October when my 10 year old grandson was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes which is no joke. 21.7 and 2.5 are numbers that should be taken seriously however you might feel. Please take the time to investigate these readings as they are not normal and could indicate something serious.

8doubles

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 22:48 »
I agree totally with goosegirl. I have learned an awful lot about blood glucose levels since last October when my 10 year old grandson was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes which is no joke. 21.7 and 2.5 are numbers that should be taken seriously however you might feel. Please take the time to investigate these readings as they are not normal and could indicate something serious.
The 21.7 glucose level has been reduced to the norm but my friend does not feel better for it !
The 8 cups of tea a day each with three sugars which used to boost his allotment digging are a thing of the past.
He reckons he no longer has the same stamina but will not be convinced that being 72 years old has anything to do with it ! :)

xx
Blood Red Moon

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post July 26, 2018, 22:12
by mumofstig
xx
Diabetes Blood Test

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

16 Replies
Last post February 04, 2020, 18:56
by John

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 34 queries.