Anyone for Tennis?

• 9 Replies

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Anyone for Tennis?
« on: July 01, 2018, 20:36 »
Andy's withdrawn, I see :(
Wonder if Rafa's knee will be up to it? Some people playing I'd like to watch, but who knows what the Beeb will decide to show. I often find they don't show what I want to watch, or is it just me  ::)
Anybody else going to watch, or is everybody football mad?

Fairy Plotmother

Re: Anyone for Tennis?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 21:05 »
🎾 count me in Mum. BBC coverage is very good as far as I am concerned. They open up more channels and of course there is online! I will also follow the football........and of course there will be the odd cricket match as well. I’m going to be very busy.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 21:39 »
I love it!

If you get the chance to watch the Mens Senior Invitational Doubles, do - it's hilarious!  Not sure if Bahrani is in it this year, but he's wonderful to watch.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

8doubles

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 10:54 »
My brain dragged the Monty Python sketch out of a dusty dark corner ! :D

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2018, 11:56 »
Be a bit strange watching Wimbledon without an obvious British contender of either sex for a title, but dear old Wojjer remains a must-watch for me.  :wub:

Not watched that much of the football, and the games are thinning out now, so plenty of room for a spot of tennis now and then. Happy days.  :)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

mrs bouquet

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2018, 12:49 »
Definitely me, I always watch any tennis that is on anywhere and I don't know what football is !
I suppose like most folk, we have a couple of favourites, and I have to confess that recently mine have not be the british players.   I always think the first round can be quite interesting, we have seen some big seeds fall in the early days.
But I also have to confess that I am not terribly keen on the ladies tennis these days, I used to be a few years back, but not anymore..   
So time to sit back and pity the poor ball girls and boys in this heat.   Enjoy everybody.
Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

wapello

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2018, 21:37 »
  Nope not for me, sitting there sitting there in the sun  or in the rain  singing,   :nowink:  :nowink: then a neck ache  ,,,
Colin

Fairy Plotmother

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2018, 21:40 »
Terrific 1st day. Couple of shocks too!

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2018, 19:48 »
At least Novak looks to be coming back to form  :)

It makes me wonder what's been going on for the last 18 months or so  :wacko:

mrs bouquet

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2018, 12:15 »
I am not really sure if I can watch much more of Rafa.  Lovely body, trained to its physical peak, and a wonderful anticipation of his opponents strokes and where he is going to play his strokes next ( a bit like chess)    But his obsessive behaviour, is starting to really annoy me now, and it slows the game up so much.
Bring on Roger and Novak. 8) 8)  Both such gentlemen.   Mrs Bouquet

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 47 queries.