planting potatoes with a rotavator

• 2 Replies

rowlandwells

planting potatoes with a rotavator
« on: April 26, 2018, 20:31 »
I treated myself to a new Viking rotavator last year together with a pair of iron wheels and a ridging tool now hopefully I'm going to plant my potatoes by the split ridge method which will save a lot of backbreaking work

has anyone been planting there potatoes using this method and if so can you give me some advise I've got a friend coming down the allotment to show me how its done but any advise on this topic would be most appreciated

Nikkithefoot

Re: planting potatoes with a rotavator
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 07:56 »
I have a mantis and use the 'plough' attachment to make a shallow trench. Certainly made putting the spuds in a whole lot easier. I put a decent amount of well rotted manure in the base with spuds on top, then rake the soil back over. Regular earthing up using the 'plough' between rows also a reasonable plan, but still needspulling over with a rake in case of frost.
I was put on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things; right now I am so far behind I will never die.

rowlandwells

Re: planting potatoes with a rotavator
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 14:35 »
thanks for that reply Nikki we to have a mantis I use for smaller jobs but its hoped with the bigger rotavator and ridging tool its the same principal making a trench potatoes in the trench then using the ridging tool back fill the trench

simples I hope  :D :D

xx
ROTAVATOR

Started by berttimms on Equipment Shed

4 Replies
Last post January 02, 2009, 19:29
by Gwiz
xx
Rotavator

Started by Aniela on Equipment Shed

6 Replies
Last post April 15, 2021, 16:47
by bobbyt
xx
Need for a rotavator

Started by rufty on Equipment Shed

8 Replies
Last post October 01, 2011, 11:09
by Vit
xx
M1 ROTAVATOR

Started by bert on Equipment Shed

11 Replies
Last post May 13, 2007, 13:29
by Bigbadfrankie

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 34 queries.