The not so keen on Christmas thread

• 23 Replies

Growster...

Re: The not so keen on Christmas thread
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2017, 11:15 »
Who cares enough to call round to give you a big hug?

Me, I love to give free hugs to women.  :D

Aw yes...

Four in Tesco this year, I started two, they started two...:0)

Actually, we haven't finished putting up our decs yet, they're still in the box...

AlaninCarlisle

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2017, 16:51 »
Roll on Tuesday. Normal opening times for shops, reduction of tripe on TV, panic buying over for another 11 months, in 6 days all the decorations can be taken down and cards recycled, normal diet resumed, just five weeks to start of rugby league Superleague season. Bliss

Christine

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2017, 19:15 »
.... in 6 days all the decorations can be taken down and cards recycled, normal diet resumed,
Good heavens you are so behind the times. Lot of us have taken down the cards at least if not the decorations and nearly eaten up the overstocking of Christmas.  :lol:

AlaninCarlisle

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2017, 20:07 »
No, we stick to 12th Night routine to dismantle tree and remove decorations etc. As for diet, fishmonger and butcher are both back to normal hours on Tuesday so it's goodbye to supermarket stuff. Thank the Lord

theothermarg

• me
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2018, 09:29 »
My cards and decs didn't even go up  ::) well I did put my little fibre optic tree in a corner and even switched it on when someone came.  don't send many cards so the ones I get back are dwindling  :D not entirely heartless as some one gives me a beautiful hand made one which I keep as a bookmark.
Decs will be going up now, back up in the loft.
Helibores are budding snowdrops and daffs are peeping through the ground these things are real and lift the spirits  :D
Tell me and I,ll forget,Show me and I might
remember,Involve me and I,ll understand

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2018, 21:08 »
I was feeling rather down and disorganised before Christmas, so the decorations / tree never went up (I was away over Christmas, or I think I would have bothered) and the cards haven't gone up either.

However, last year I deliberately left my white fairy lights draped around the large mirror above my mantelpiece in the living room - which provides lots of sparkly and twinkly light through the forthcoming dark months.  Lovely  :D
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

snowdrops

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2018, 21:27 »
Circumstances & various family illnesses meant we were very late putting the decorations up, that  plus our 22month granddaughter made me decide to scale it down this year. There’s always next year.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

LILLILEAF

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2018, 05:37 »
The decorations never went up i don't have any :lol:,i did put the cards out,that was it,turkey was off >:(so that was not very nice.
Back to work normality is back madness over,we have well stocked freezer of discounted joints of meat :)we will get a full refund on our turkey.
Had a very nice piece of beef for new years day,happy new year every one,here's to a new and great growing season.

MalcW

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2018, 12:01 »
We had a quiet Christmas this year, just us two on Christmas day. Which was just as well since both of us succumbed to the nasty cold/cough that's going round. Decorations still went up though, but came down about 2 days after Boxing Day. All of that suited me though (apart from the being ill bit), as I've always had a bit of a strange relationship with Christmas. Even though we have 3 children, all grown up and left home, and always made Christmas special for them, Christmas has always felt as though it's something everyone else does, and I'm more of an interested observer. Anyone else feel like that? Maybe it's a result of having lost both my parents by the time I was 20? Though that was a long time ago.

xx
Lost my thread

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post September 08, 2018, 10:24
by mrs bouquet
xx
The feel good thread

Started by New shoot on Chatting on the Plot

42 Replies
Last post February 08, 2021, 10:32
by New shoot
xx
My Christmas Day was certainly Different ......

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post December 26, 2019, 17:19
by Growster...
xx
Christmas already

Started by jezza on Chatting on the Plot

13 Replies
Last post September 18, 2021, 20:08
by jezza

Page created in 0.256 seconds with 46 queries.