Electric chainsaw

• 3 Replies

Lardman

Electric chainsaw
« on: March 13, 2017, 18:37 »
I had 2 large (40 year old around 14ft) conifers to fell, not the usual laylandii. these were the dark green ones with multiple trunks making them around 6 ft wide each  :ohmy: I did make a start with a hand saw but it wasn't making much of an impression.

I've never owned a chainsaw - too scary and too expensive, but for £50 I thought Id try a cheap own brand electric one (titan TTB355CHN) , so glad I did.  :) It's not scary at all compared to my table saw or even circular saw and there was no messing about up ladders or cutting bits with loppers then the saw.  I stood safely on the floor and dropped each trunk in turn all done in 2 hours without breaking a sweat. I should have bought one years ago.  :blush:

Im sure it's nowhere near as good as a "real mans" petrol chainsaw, and I'll probably curse the 18" bar when I need to cut the single stump (3ft) but as long as the tree weight was kept off the chain it was more than happy to bring down and then section the 10" stuff I was doing.

Half way in, to give you an idea of volume.
tree_vs_chainsaw.jpg
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 18:41 by Lardman »

snowdrops

Re: Electric chainsaw
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 18:40 »
My daughter bought herself one last year & felled our eucalyptus soon after, it went through like a hot knife through butter, then she cut it into pizza oven sized logs to take back home
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 18:46 »
Just the usual reminder that you should always use proper protective clothing that is designed for chainsaws.  I have seen the remnants of trousers that were worn by a professional who lost control of his saw  :ohmy:

Luckily for him, they took the brunt of it, so he didn't lose his leg too.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

greenjay

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 20:16 »
I am a bit afraid of a chainsaw, I am quite clumsy so probably would end up cutting myself.
that said when using a hand saw on a big branch i get about half way through and wish i had never started as my arm is aching.The end result is usually worth it though.

xx
Electric chainsaw questions

Started by grinling on Equipment Shed

11 Replies
Last post January 07, 2012, 16:22
by grinling
xx
Which chainsaw

Started by jimbeekeeper on Equipment Shed

8 Replies
Last post May 11, 2011, 22:59
by Vit
xx
Chainsaw safety

Started by Teabag on Equipment Shed

14 Replies
Last post February 21, 2009, 12:07
by Larkshall
xx
Dolmar 104 Chainsaw

Started by Aidy on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post November 01, 2012, 09:39
by Aidy

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 34 queries.