My latest will have to grow every year tomato -

• 3 Replies

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
My latest will have to grow every year tomato -
« on: July 22, 2016, 16:19 »
is Jaune Flamme. I've just eaten my first one and it was lush :D

It's bright orange and a good choice for anyone who prefers a tomato with an acidic kick, rather than a sungold-sweet one.

http://www.plant-world-seeds.com/store/view_seed_item/2644

Growster...

Re: My latest will have to grow every year tomato -
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 20:22 »
Hey Mums!

That looks superb! Definitely on our list for next year now, especially as we're a bit fed up with the results of the Crimson Crush seeds from last year, and also the general feeble results on everything else so far!

Thank you for the tip! It's about time we started growing different varieties, and we were only saying just an hour ago, that we'll go back to real seeds and forget the saved ones for a year.

Nice post!

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 21:09 »
Even my overwintered CC plant hasn't done well - so that was a flash in the pan variety!

Growster...

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 22:21 »
Even my overwintered CC plant hasn't done well - so that was a flash in the pan variety!

We kept an over-wintered tom, possibly a CC, but I lost the label! The parent was good for several 'children', which all fruited about a couple of weeks before the new stuff! I think in fact that they were all Sungold eventually...

Being an old bloke, I reckon I'll just keep to trad methods with new seed next year, maybe just sow some Shirley and a few others, and not interfere too much with nature.

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 37 queries.