Show us your bakes!

• 308 Replies

compostqueen

Re: Show us your bakes!
« Reply #180 on: April 27, 2017, 13:47 »
Need to check amongst the weeds for any signs of my wild garlic cos they look right up my street!  :tongue2:

Today's offering. Paul Hollywood,wholemeal - some white jobs  :)

Made them using the new food pro, with the dough hook this time. Forgot last time, not that it seemed to matter

snowdrops

« Reply #181 on: May 07, 2017, 21:05 »
Here's what I made on a French bread baking day that I went on today at the loaf, Crich, Derbyshire. Well worth the money, I bought it for hubby's birthday last November & bought it for me to accompany him. We learnt lots of  new things. The baguettes are to die for!😊😊
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #182 on: May 07, 2017, 21:31 »
What a spread  8)  Well done Snowdrops and Mr S  :D

snowdrops

« Reply #183 on: May 07, 2017, 21:40 »
Thanks NS, quite replete now to say the least

chrissie B

« Reply #184 on: May 10, 2017, 15:14 »
Today was teacake  and bread day.
chrissie b
1494425712958.jpg
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

chrissie B

« Reply #185 on: May 14, 2017, 18:37 »
Made mince and dumplings for dinner today yum and old school favourite which was sponge covered in jam and coconut served with custard but we had some icecream and stewed apple it was yum sorry no pics .
chrissie b

gobs

« Reply #186 on: May 15, 2017, 02:16 »
A very simple and easy, however, a dangerously yummy blueberry and chocolate chip muffin:

muffins.jpg
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

gobs

« Reply #187 on: May 15, 2017, 02:18 »
Here's what I made on a French bread baking day that I went on today at the loaf, Crich, Derbyshire. Well worth the money, I bought it for hubby's birthday last November & bought it for me to accompany him. We learnt lots of  new things. The baguettes are to die for!😊😊

That does look heaven! Well done.

(I am round the corner and I do not even know about this :blush:)

snowdrops

« Reply #188 on: May 15, 2017, 08:23 »
Thanks gobs, well worth saving up for a course. They do a basic bread & a sour dough one too. I'm sure there are others but a couple of the chaps with us had already done those, bought as gifts.
I would be interested in the basic bread one even though I bake bread as Andrews style of tuition was great & I feel I would come away with a lot more knowledge & understanding. They're on face book too & twitter

jaydig

« Reply #189 on: May 15, 2017, 09:19 »
Gobs, please do tell - is there a secret to those fantastic French sticks?  They look wonderfully crispy and delicious.

compostqueen

« Reply #190 on: May 15, 2017, 09:24 »
They look fab Snowy  :D

They do market stalls!  They come to ours and have loads of choice.  I bought my first loaf from them from their Matlock shop

snowdrops

« Reply #191 on: May 15, 2017, 13:50 »
Gobs, please do tell - is there a secret to those fantastic French sticks?  They look wonderfully crispy and delicious.

Jaydig they were mine not gobs, from a French bread baking course we went on last Sunday. The secret was in the 'poolish' we included, a prefermented dough made the day before, that & how it was folded not kneaded & very importantly how the slash was made on the tops prior to going in the oven...not before

jaydig

« Reply #192 on: May 15, 2017, 18:52 »

Jaydig they were mine not gobs, from a French bread baking course we went on last Sunday. The secret was in the 'poolish' we included, a prefermented dough made the day before, that & how it was folded not kneaded & very importantly how the slash was made on the tops prior to going in the oven...not before

Sorry Snowdrops,

I didn't mean to credit your lovely bakes to someone else, just put it down to my age!  On a good day I do, in fact, know my own name.

Thanks for the information, though.  I've tried to make baguettes before, but they've never come out looking as good as yours.

gobs

« Reply #193 on: May 16, 2017, 00:09 »
Thanks gobs, well worth saving up for a course. They do a basic bread & a sour dough one too. I'm sure there are others but a couple of the chaps with us had already done those, bought as gifts.
I would be interested in the basic bread one even though I bake bread as Andrews style of tuition was great & I feel I would come away with a lot more knowledge & understanding. They're on face book too & twitter

Thank you Snowy, I've never heard about them.

chrissie B

« Reply #194 on: September 11, 2017, 10:53 »
At the weekend i made a banana,  yougurt, and choc chip loaf it was tasty made with veg oil .
sorry no picture .
chrissie b

xx
Christmas bakes on display

Started by mumofstig on Kitchen Natter

18 Replies
Last post December 29, 2016, 22:50
by chrissie B

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 51 queries.