Shoes

• 4 Replies

danfinn1

• Experienced Member
Shoes
« on: July 05, 2015, 09:43 »
I always keep a pair of shoes to wear in the garden, ever since we had our chooks, changing from house shoes and/or slippers to to my gardening pair.  :)

I have now got into the habit on turning my unused shoes on their side as when the birds have come into the house they pooped a couple of times in both shoes and slippers. I did not notice till I had my foot in it :(

Not the nicest experience :mad:
rip Sandy, rip Beryl, Henrietta

Know what would be nice in your garden, a few hens lol

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: Shoes
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 11:30 »
Sounds about right for chickens  :lol:  I am, therefore I poop  :lol:

Mine are not allowed in the house for that reason and they know it.  Alphie and his girls have snuck in before, but usually they just hang about expectantly on the doorstep  ::)

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 11:48 »
They sound well trained New Shoot!  :D

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 11:57 »
They sound well trained New Shoot!  :D

I think my reaction to standing in poop on the kitchen floor in bare feet sent a message  :lol: I know where Dan is coming from on that one  >:( 

They are not as dumb as they make out and know full well when they are being bad.  They are just chancers by nature  :lol:

As I pointed out to them, 'elf and safety says they are not even allowed to eat anything that has come out of the kitchen, let alone come in and try helping themselves   ::)

treecol

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 12:36 »
My most vocal hen (Fiona) always gets right next to me when I'm with them & they re free ranging & does the noisiest runniest smelliest poo! DH has gone off BBQ's since we had the girls for that reason. Pooing near us seems to delight her as she has a good ruffle of her feathers & chooks contentedly!
I learnt early on to have a pair of shoes just for seeing to the girls - I did run across the lawn barefoot when we 1st had them but learnt the hard way not to do it again eeghh!

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 37 queries.