Nescafe Dolce Gusto drinks

• 9 Replies

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Nescafe Dolce Gusto drinks
« on: May 15, 2015, 12:49 »
I am the proud new owner of one of these and got 2 £10 voucher codes to spend in their online shop.  Before I splash out, can other owners let me know what they think the best pods are.  I know you can buy them cheaper elsewhere, but it seems rude not to spend the cash they have given me  ;)

I got some freebies with it and the Grande was nice, but the Lungo looks interesting - is it a frothier version of an Americano?  The hot chocolate will be for OH to try, as I am not a fan.  I had a sample of the Latte Macchiato, but it was a bit sweet for me.  Is the unsweetened a lot less sweet and is the Cappuccino just as sweet or not as bad? 

Also, has anyone tried the Aldi pods and are they any good.  I like Aldi products a lot but I am a fussy coffee drinker and need convincing on trying new ones  :lol:

I prefer stronger, more intense coffee flavours and have been drinking Kenco Millicano up to now :)

chrissie B

Re: Nescafe Dolce Gusto drinks
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 21:21 »
I dont have one of these sorry mine has the pads but lidl do their own pods and pads which i buy and they are quite good .
chrissie b
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

Steveharford

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 07:57 »
We have recently bought one of these and I am still experimenting so will be interested to know how you get on. I like the espresso,which is what we got it for, and the lungo is very similar. I was disappointed with the Americano as I thought it should be stronger.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 06:51 »
I have to admit mine is shoved in a cupboard and I haven't used it much   :blush:

The Americano is too wish washy for me as well and I really don't like any of the drinks that use the milk pods.  Too sweet and taste too much of dried milk.  I wanted it for morning latte, so I need to get some espresso pods and look into getting a milk steamer I think  :lol:

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 08:43 »
Well I did have a rethink and decided that as all the drinks in Costa and Starbucks start with an espresso, it made sense to buy these pods.  I used a £10 voucher and got some espresso intenso (I love strong coffee), plus some barista and ristretto.

Then by a stroke of luck, I got a small tax rebate in my wages, so treated myself to a Duelit milk frother.  It makes frothed hot milk, plain hot milk and frothed cold milk.

The Americano the intenso makes is fab and the latte is as good as the coffee shops offer, so well chuffed  8)  I need to let a coffee go cold and try an iced latte next I think  :)

compostqueen

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 12:58 »
Don't have espresso and ristresso near bed time. I'm not kidding you'll be running round the block in the middle of the night as you'll be buzzing  :D 

I've tried coffee from the Nespresso Citiz and I am going to get one when my ship comes in. I might ask for one for my birthday, the one that comes with the milk steamer thingy. 

Steveharford

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2015, 13:10 »
I do wonder if each pod contains the same stuff but just advises using differing amounts of water. I will try americano made with the espresso pod

compostqueen

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2015, 15:45 »
Yep that's the thing to do.  I hope it's good  :tongue2:

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2015, 06:52 »
I do wonder if each pod contains the same stuff but just advises using differing amounts of water. I will try americano made with the espresso pod

I run the water through the expresso pod, then remove it and run just water in to make up the cup.  Its very different from using an americano pod (in a good way)  :)

Don't have espresso and ristresso near bed time. I'm not kidding you'll be running round the block in the middle of the night as you'll be buzzing  :D   

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  I agree with that, but its great rocket fuel to get you going in the morning, or perk you up if you are flagging  :)

compostqueen

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2015, 10:38 »
Mo Farrah has an espresso immediately before a race, followed by another one  :tongue2:  If it's good enough for him ...... :D

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 32 queries.