I think im ready

• 21 Replies

Foxy

I think im ready
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2008, 19:29 »
Hello Louise, just like everyone else here I don't think cats are a problem I have five of them! This is a photo of Murphy a beautiful large Main Coon inside a coop with a couple of young chickens!I think he was sheltering from the rain it was very funny :lol:  :lol:

jammy

I think im ready
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2008, 08:47 »
I dont think you should have a problem with cats.  I have three and even the one that hunts all the time and brings me in lots of yucky presents doesnt bother my chickens.  My chickens dont bat an eyelid at them, even when they were younger.  Here's a pic of my older cat checking out their house to see if it was nicer than hers!

Foxy

I think im ready
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2008, 10:47 »
jammy, what a lovely cat you have!!! :D

babe

• elvis king of chooks
I think im ready
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2008, 10:58 »
Quote from: "jammy"
I dont think you should have a problem with cats.  I have three and even the one that hunts all the time and brings me in lots of yucky presents doesnt bother my chickens.  My chickens dont bat an eyelid at them, even when they were younger.  Here's a pic of my older cat checking out their house to see if it was nicer than hers!

she's lovely  :)

jammy

I think im ready
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2008, 12:57 »
Awww thankyou!  She is a wonderful cat - was bought when my youngest was 10mths old and she's now 10 but they have had a fantastic relationship.  She's been dressed up as a dolly and pushed around in a pram and she goes to bed with her every night.  She was a rescue and takes a lot of brushing but she's an all round nice cat so thank you for your comments  :D

chickychick

• Experienced Member
I think im ready
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2008, 23:23 »
no problem with cats and chickens here.  My cat looked at them first day and looked disgusted then later had a sort of tentative sniff then the chickens decided to see him off and he did a runner.  My cat is quite an aggresive boy and Im confident that he could kill them easily but i dont think he has realised that becuase they have so much attitude and he cant weigh them up.

I think if chickens and cats didnt mix you wouldnt get one or the other running around farmyards.
ok so I know its a daft question but Im cute ......

Selkie

I think im ready
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2008, 09:10 »
:D I'm glad I'm not the only one with cats that like to check out the hen house  :D

xx
Nearly Ready..

Started by AndyRVTR on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post January 11, 2009, 19:24
by blulagoo
xx
Building a big run - now ready

Started by mohs.ayaz on The Hen House

21 Replies
Last post February 08, 2012, 01:36
by mohs.ayaz
xx
Is she ready to lay eggs

Started by Ma Lowe on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post September 25, 2009, 15:22
by themagicaltoad1
xx
Ready for the Hens but which ones ?

Started by longbow on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post March 24, 2009, 09:57
by shiatsusu

Page created in 0.264 seconds with 38 queries.