What's for tea? 2018

• 939 Replies

madcat

Re: What's for tea? 2018
« Reply #810 on: November 23, 2018, 22:04 »
Turkey (from a slow cookered drumstick), with calabrase (amazed it is still going) in cheese sauce and steamed potatoes.  The rest of the turkey meat will join the slow cookered veg for a casserole later in the weekend ....
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

snowdrops

« Reply #811 on: November 24, 2018, 14:05 »
Last night was fish pie with peas,fruit crumble & ice cream or pl yog
Tonight it’s waIt & see, we’re off out to a posh restaurant with friends, a very rare occurrence as hubby doesn’t like eating out, but he was given a voucher for helping someone .
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #812 on: November 24, 2018, 15:45 »
Butchers soddages, wedges and one of those steamer bags of sweetcorn, peas and carrots.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #813 on: November 24, 2018, 17:17 »
Tonight it’s waIt & see, we’re off out to a posh restaurant with friends, a very rare occurrence as hubby doesn’t like eating out, but he was given a voucher for helping someone .
Fish pie with fruit crumble.. now that's a combination worthy of Heston Blumenthal!  :D :D :D

Last night was chicken korma, rice, onion bahjis, poppadoms and pickles. Tonight is steak, chips, peas and garlic mushrooms. Finally, chips on the menu! :)
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

madcat

« Reply #814 on: November 24, 2018, 17:21 »
Steak and chips - with garlic mushrooms!!  And no leaves ... OH would think he had died and gone to heaven.  :lol:

I've been sorting through the tomatoes in store and having to cook a lot off them off.  :(  Heaven knows how I am going to get them in the freezer.  :unsure:  Anyway - pasta in tomato sauce with cheese tonight ....

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #815 on: November 24, 2018, 20:00 »
No chips here - I'm a day behind and we have had curry night  :lol: 

Lamb and sweet potato curry, rice, yogurt and an onion, cucumber and tomato relish.

I've been sorting through the tomatoes in store and having to cook a lot off them off.  :(  Heaven knows how I am going to get them in the freezer.  :unsure: 

Bottle them?  It isn't quite the same flavour as freezing them, but still loads better than shop bought sauce :)

snowdrops

« Reply #816 on: November 24, 2018, 22:32 »
Fish pie with fruit crumble.. now that's a combination worthy of Heston Blumenthal!  :D :D :D

Last night was chicken korma, rice, onion bahjis, poppadoms and pickles. Tonight is steak, chips, peas and garlic mushrooms. Finally, chips on the menu! :)

You know what I mean, you’re just being pedantic 😊

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #817 on: November 25, 2018, 09:14 »
I was only teasing - it sounded lovely. Hope the posh restaurant was up to your home made standards? Nothing more annoying than paying for something and thinking it's not as good as you can do in your own kitchen.

snowdrops

« Reply #818 on: November 25, 2018, 10:04 »
I was only teasing - it sounded lovely. Hope the posh restaurant was up to your home made standards? Nothing more annoying than paying for something and thinking it's not as good as you can do in your own kitchen.

It was a lovely evening out for a change, the food was beautifully presented( friend said the chef was a master chef 1/4 finalist, I dunno I don’t watch it 🙄😊) lacked a bit if flavour all round tbh.
I had Asian crab cakes ,they were pretty tasteless tbh, followed by venison, no flavour but nicely cooked & good texture with creamed mash, roast parsnip & beetroot, they were superb. Then I had creme brûlée with poached plums, that was lovely. They brought us 2 lovely canapés, a goats cheese creamed Cornett style thing that was different & a warm tiny duck spring role type thing that was lovely. We also got a little shortbread biscuit with a meringue type topping with a chocolate truffle on top  with our coffee, well it should have been but it came when we’d finished & we were a bit full. Service was ok but in a place like that I expect them to know who’s ordered what ,the table to be set properly & they missed out on a wine order as they never gave us a wine list only offered did we want more drinks as we were over halfway though the main course. Just as well as we might have needed to take out a mortgage lol. I think tbh we are out of touch with how much it all costs £23 + for 1pt peronni,1/2 coke & 2 fancy gin & tonics seemed an awful lot.
It was nice for a treat & the company was good. Noisy room as no soft furnishings to absorb the sound but so many places are like that these days
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 10:05 by snowdrops »

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #819 on: November 25, 2018, 10:51 »
We're the same - out of touch with prices. Even the chippie seems expensive!

madcat

« Reply #820 on: November 25, 2018, 14:46 »
I know - a snack and a pint in the pub on a Sat lunchtime for us (usually a bribe to get OH to the shops for necessary trips ....) will be more than my weekly shopping bill.  :ohmy:

Tonight is the rest of the turkey leg, with the slow cooker chilli tomatoes with split peas and pearl barley etc  Will be very welcome when we get in thoroughly chilled!

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #821 on: November 25, 2018, 21:21 »
Roast chicken dinner with plot spuds and cabbage, plus spaghetti squash from the shed  :)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #822 on: November 25, 2018, 22:10 »
Family dinner with huge puff pastry topped chicken and mushroom casserole, carrots, broccoli and roast spuds.
Coffee and walnut layer cake for later.

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #823 on: November 25, 2018, 23:57 »
Posh dinner here of bacon and egg sandwich followed by a dessert of peanuts, pork scratchings and wine gums, all washed down with a bonanza of cider. Guess who's wife is away tonight ;)

snowdrops

« Reply #824 on: November 26, 2018, 08:01 »
Posh dinner here of bacon and egg sandwich followed by a dessert of peanuts, pork scratchings and wine gums, all washed down with a bonanza of cider. Guess who's wife is away tonight ;)

Haha, just as well, you’ll be up alright with indigestion

xx

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post January 01, 2018, 17:32
by greenjay
xx
RHS Chelsea 2018

Started by DD. on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post May 16, 2018, 08:12
by rowlandwells
xx
What's the weather like where you are? (2018)

Started by JayG on Chatting on the Plot

928 Replies
Last post December 21, 2018, 15:49
by mrs bouquet
xx
Snow Report 2018

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

74 Replies
Last post March 04, 2018, 11:49
by snowdrops

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 55 queries.