Burnt patches on grass

• 3 Replies

Eblana

Burnt patches on grass
« on: August 27, 2017, 22:47 »
Hi would anyone have any ideas on what I can do to stop my two dogs pee burning the grass.  I have tried the stones in their water bowls but as one of them prefers to drink water from anywhere other than his bowl this hasn't helped. 

snow white

Re: Burnt patches on grass
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 22:28 »
The only thing I have found to do is to pour water over their wee.  Wee is like concentrated fertiliser and that is why it burns the grass.  Either that or train it not to pee on the lawn.   
I have a dog that will hold it in if she can't go on the lawn, and as it is impossible in the hot weather to keep the doors shut, I am just putting up with the burns.

Eblana

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 08:32 »
[quote author=snow white link=topic=126549.msg1482050#msg1482050 date=1503955683
I have a dog that will hold it in if she can't go on the lawn, and as it is impossible in the hot weather to keep the doors shut, I am just putting up with the burns.
[/quote]

That is my problem too she has been known to hold on all day.  There is a golf course out the back of my house which has a grass public walkway around it.  I am now bringing them out for a walk first thing in the morning and last thing at night to cut down on the number of potty breaks they have in the garden which has helped to reduce the number of burn marks.  I have also put down some fake grass in an area where I have concrete and blocked the straight through route to the new grass in the hopes that they might go out where the fake grass is instead.  I have ordered a product on the internet which you spray on the grass which is supposed to help, it balances the nitrogen somehow (it got fairly good reviews) and I will see how that goes.

grinling

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 19:41 »
Is it possible to stop them drinking from other places?

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 38 queries.