Lovely nails spoiled !

• 15 Replies

mrs bouquet

Lovely nails spoiled !
« on: October 27, 2018, 11:59 »
Just had my Nail Gel removed (first time I have had it).  Oh what a mess my beautiful nails are.  Filed across, no natural shine, they feel rough and horrid.  Now regularly soaking in water/olive oil mix.  Wearing moisturising hand gloves when possible.   Not sure when to reapply Sally Hanson Clear Strengthener again.

Never again, got talked into it - should have known better  :nowink:  If any advice is out there, I shall be grateful.   Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Goosegirl

Re: Lovely nails spoiled !
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 12:56 »
I don't think I've had that problem, mind you I always have them re-done so maybe I haven't noticed it. Mine are ready for doing so I'll have a look at them when the gel is off.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

snowdrops

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 13:52 »
My nails were very week before I started having mine done,acrylics didn’t suit me,the acetone used to take it off caused my nails to bend so I’ve now had to have a hard gel type stuff then the gel polish. Look lovely when they’re done & at least I have’nails’ but mine look awful when they’re off. Goodness knows what will happen if I decide to stop. I can at least got nearly 3 weeks before having them redone.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Goosegirl

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2018, 14:20 »
Thinking about it now, because my nails are really hard they tend to split horizontally just down into the nail bed which doesn't happen now due to my false tips etc, so perhaps that's why mine don't bend or go weak. 

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2018, 14:58 »
It sounds weird, but I use Vaseline lip therapy ( I'm using the one with Aloe Vera at the mo) on my nails. Rub it in, leave for a while to soak in and then tissue off :)

snowdrops

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2018, 16:31 »
I’m now putting on coconut oil each night, it’s anti fungal too, just the stuff you buy to cook with. I’m not comfortable with Vaseline these days since I trained as a baby massage teacher, as it’s from the petro chemical industry,(not recommended to cover your baby with)

mrs bouquet

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2018, 16:44 »
thank you for your replies.  I forgot to mention about the little drill thing, which she used to finish off the sides.  No wonder she want to re-do them !  I shan't repaint them for a while (they are very strong anyway), just leave them 'naked' and give them all the help I can  :(  thanks again, Mrs Bouquet

Veg Plot 1B

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2018, 17:09 »
I have a nail that splits down the middle which is a real pain as it catches in al sorts of stuff wonder if you ladies have any idea of what causes this & how to prevent it in future?

Comfreypatch

• Experienced Member
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2018, 18:12 »
I have a couple of nails that split vertically apparently it’s a design fault in the nail bed can’t do anything for it. I have to keep my nails short because once they get a bit longer they start to split, but with gardening anyway the shorter the better as I usually have soil under my nails.
Diary  http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=116469.0

Comments http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=116484.0

snowdrops

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2018, 19:29 »
I have a nail that splits down the middle which is a real pain as it catches in al sorts of stuff wonder if you ladies have any idea of what causes this & how to prevent it in future?

You can put a bit of superglue on it, it comes off after awhile but helps prevent it ripping in half which is very painful isn’t it

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2018, 20:45 »
Sorry you,ve had a bad experience with your gel nails, Mrs B  :(

I've had my nails done for years without problem.  I guess it all depends on the quality of the products used and the skill of the technician. 

Never go to one that uses the dentist drill style buffer.  That us the kiss of death to nails. :ohmy:

mrs bouquet

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2018, 12:39 »
She only used the drill thing down the sides where she couldn't get to with the file !  The Gel was OPI.

I have used superglue for split nails, and it does work, sort of.   When I don't want to paint them with OPI for special things, I always were Sally Hansen Nail Strengthener, it does what it says on the label. In fact I am going to put some on now to disguise my horrid nails

I have just taken the Tarts Red off my toes, OPI paint, not gel.  Used fine gloves to do it,  just as well, what a mess - I am not going to be a tart now for a while.  :lol: :lol: :lol:  Mrs Bouquet

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2018, 18:11 »
OPI is a good brand, Mrs B.  I use CND Shellac, and have done for years.

As I've said before... avoid any technician who uses an electric buffer for any process of the manicure  !!!!! 

mrs bouquet

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2018, 18:38 »
I put some clear nail varnish on this afternoon.   It looks absolutely terrible.  It looks like all of the nails have been smudged, I shall have to take it off.   
Do you think that perhaps a proper nail buffer gently used will improve them.   I have even looked up to see how long complete new nails take to grow -  6 months, urgh !!!  Mrs Bouquet

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2018, 18:43 »
Do you have one of the spongy type buffers that you usually use to make a good "key" for the polish ?

This kind 

xx
O' what a lovely day

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post May 16, 2019, 15:53
by meriad
xx
Such a lovely New Years Eve

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post January 01, 2021, 16:19
by Aidy
xx
Lovely sentiment...

Started by Growster... on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post June 14, 2022, 20:05
by GraciesGran
xx
Lovely moon

Started by snowdrops on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post December 10, 2018, 06:39
by DD.

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 40 queries.