Hopefully 2 good news stories

• 5 Replies

Oliveview

Hopefully 2 good news stories
« on: September 28, 2012, 20:17 »
One of the ladies was cuddling a dog at the refuge tonight and discovered a microchip (I thought all the strays were checked over for chips) so the police were phoned and they came along- the dog is chipped-  :D :D  The other new dog isn´t  :( :(  They have the contact details of the owners, they live in another village, so how little doggy ended up in Marchena I don´t know! If they refuse to take her back the police can charge the owners with abandoning a dog.   Hopefully they are missing the dog.
The other story, we have a Bretagne (?) Spaniel, a man came along to say hi and saw the Spaniel, rang his friend, who came along and said he would take her  :D :D :D  She is very pregnant at the moment (a dog jumped the gate) not sure if he will take her before or after the pups arrive.  But good news anyway  :D :D :D

Just another 60 plus dogs to find a home for :(

Pamela

Trillium

Re: Hopefully 2 good news stories
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 22:34 »
Always good news when dogs find homes.  Here's thinking positive for the other 60  8)

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 23:41 »
That is great news.   :)
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

Oliveview

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 07:46 »
2 other dogs were pregnant, we have had to have the pups put to sleep as the refuge has had an outbreak of parvovirus (?) from 2 pups that were bought to the refuge, one of them died, I think the other is ok (at another house)   The vet advised putting the pups to sleep as the outbreak is hard to control in very young dogs and they would die a painful death otherwise if they got it. We were all upset at the decision but we accepted that it was the right thing to do. 
We are starting to get the male dogs sterilised, we can´t afford to spay the females, we have hopefully enough money to get 4 dogs done so far.  We hope to be able to get all the dogs done eventually, but it will be a long wait!

Pamela

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 15:36 »
Any news on the microchipped dog?

Oliveview

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 18:27 »
We still have her, I don´t know why, I will try to find out. The spaniel is still with us and very pregnant. 

Pamela

xx
PACO IS ADOPTED ... YES I AM SHOUTING THE GOOD NEWS!- now bad news

Started by Oliveview on Pets without Feathers

45 Replies
Last post October 29, 2013, 15:38
by Oliveview
xx
Good News Bad News

Started by cissie on Pets without Feathers

6 Replies
Last post March 03, 2010, 15:14
by cissie
xx
Good news on dog microchipping

Started by arugula on Pets without Feathers

18 Replies
Last post February 14, 2013, 14:09
by arugula
xx
Fun doggie stories.

Started by orchardlady on Pets without Feathers

2 Replies
Last post October 15, 2010, 14:19
by arugula

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 38 queries.