printer photocpier

• 10 Replies

jezza

printer photocpier
« on: February 04, 2018, 21:02 »
hello advice please I am looking for a new printer photocopier I have asked 2 retailers if the machines come with connecting cables only to be told that they don't know  does any one here know if the canon and Epson printers come with cables or if they can be connected by cable   thanks jezza

rowbow

Re: printer photocpier
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 09:59 »
Printers in my experience always come with a power cable and a USB connector cable if needed (some are wifi), the ink for printers is a minefield, go for one that has individual inks, not a cassette type some colours run out quicker than others.  ::)
John

wapello

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 19:57 »
 Have a look at the epson  xp342 £60-70.  even got its own email address  to much to say about it here check it out on line,
Colin

Goosegirl

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 13:28 »
I have a Canon MG7750 which also scans items and has separate inks.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 09:04 »
Separate inks are a boon imho.

As others have said, they all come with a connecting cable. When setting them up initially it often required a cable link to do the job before wireless recognition
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

compostqueen

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 11:58 »
My last two came with noprinter cable.  Luckily my first one worked on the second one so I didn’t have to buy another
I preferred my HP machine to my Canon  The fax plugged straight into the fax machine and worked great with BT1571 SERVICE  Canon won’t do either 😤 

arh

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 14:38 »
I was under the impression that the computer to printer cable was a standard "issue", ie  printer plug one end and the USB plug the other, all the ones that I've bought have been, (which is why I have about 6 "printer cables" laying about :lol:). I may be wrong but the Epsoms and Canons that I've had, had the same sockets.

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2018, 20:50 »
Printer/copiers of any description are quite cheap these days - connectivity can be a problem but the costs of replacing whatever sort of 'ink' they use even once can nearly match the purchase price of the printer. :ohmy:

I'd concentrate on that rather than the relatively small cost of cables when making my choice.
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

hamstergbert

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2018, 08:19 »
My main printer / copier / scanner is a Brother DCP-1610W.

Didn't come with a cable as I recall but I grabbed one from my "bag o' snakes" cables stash so it wasn't an issue

The printer was cheap as chips and instead of dearer-than-diamond-dust inks it is a laser and suitable cartridges are very reasonably priced (and last for ages) Plus with being toner instead of inks it doesn't waste significant amounts 'self-cleaning' etc like the inkjets tend to!

For colour printing I have a Xerox colour laser which I think did come with a cable, albeit one too short for my layout,
The Dales - probably fingerprint marks where God's hand touched the world

Eblana

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2018, 10:59 »
I also have a laser printer that I bought late last year.  It didn't come with a cable either but I had the one off the old printer.  I was determined this time to set it up as a wifi printer as I have it in one of the bedrooms so the lack of a printer didn't upset me particularly.

I would also recommend a laser printer as the cartridges last an awful lot longer than the jet printers.

jezza

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2018, 20:47 »
hello I got my printer photo copier it didn't have a usb cable fortunately the old one fitted I took it with me to check, the assistant in Tesco,s was very helpful and from getting it from the shelf to the checkout it had gone down from £34.99 to £24.00 checkout said it was on special offer   jezza

xx
New printer...

Started by Growster... on Chatting on the Plot

13 Replies
Last post June 21, 2021, 19:10
by jezza
xx
Calling computer/printer experts

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post June 08, 2018, 13:21
by grinling

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 40 queries.