Pathclear

• 6 Replies

mrs bouquet

Pathclear
« on: June 04, 2017, 17:46 »
A few days ago, I treated a pavier driveway and a gravel bed as exactly per the instructions.  Some little weeds (about 1-2 inches) were starting to appear.  I am noticing that so far absolutely nothing has happened yet, and there was a good day before it rained.  Am I just being impatient ?  Regards, Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

AlaninCarlisle

Re: Pathclear
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 18:24 »
Yes, it works every time for me

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 07:38 »
If memory serves right, the active ingredient is glyphosate, which takes several days to start showing effect?
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

chrissie B

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 09:04 »
Ive never used it i have a hooky thing which i drag around the paving its hard work as i have a lot of paving at the back .
havent the patience to wait for it to die off and still have to pull it out .
chrissie b
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

Rhys

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 21:20 »
I have some Glyphosate (farmers stuff.. with instructions etc.  ::) ) and used some on a patch of weeds for quickness. Now this stuff is for agricultural use and has instructions for general weed bashing prior to sowing to full nuke mode...  :ohmy:
I used the weedbashing strength in a separate watering can (I won't use for anything else) and it took about a week for it to show. I thought it might work straight away, few day at the most, but it does work. Everything I hit is now brown apart from some tuberous plants that are still growing. Looks like I'll have to dig deep with these (or maybe just paint a bit on the leaves and stand back  :lol: )
"There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothing, so get yourself a sexy raincoat and live a little." - Billy Connolly

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 08:38 »
Glyphosate does take a while to work.  The plant transports it around from leaves to roots and it kills the whole thing.  If the plant dies off too quickly, the herbicide hasn't got everywhere and the plant can regenerate from the roots.

Could the tuberous plants you have growing could be something like Jerusalem Artichokes.  You would be better digging these out.  They are just about indestructible  ::)

Rhys

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2017, 13:03 »
Glyphosate does take a while to work.  The plant transports it around from leaves to roots and it kills the whole thing.  If the plant dies off too quickly, the herbicide hasn't got everywhere and the plant can regenerate from the roots.

Could the tuberous plants you have growing could be something like Jerusalem Artichokes.  You would be better digging these out.  They are just about indestructible  ::)

The tuberous roots are an orangey colour and the plant leaves are like thick tulip leaves.
It'll be a dig out session I think.

Page created in 0.221 seconds with 39 queries.