I've got a kitchen aid!!

• 23 Replies

RJR_38

• www.foodinmytum.com
I've got a kitchen aid!!
« on: December 27, 2014, 18:47 »
When I left my job a couple of weeks ago I got lots of john Lewis vouchers from very generous parents and after lots of deliberation and being 'forced' to do it by my husband I spent them on a kitchen aid mixer as I have always wanted one. I managed to get a good deal on a price match weekend and a free ice cream maker attachment which I have sent off for. So far I have only made a brioche loaf and some royal icing in it but I am looking forward to using it properly now Chrisrmas is out the way!

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Re: I've got a kitchen aid!!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 19:30 »
Yaaaayyy, congratulations!  I love my Kenwood Chef, and I know Joyfull loves her KitchenAid.

Get a mincer attachment with sausage stuffer if they do them for it and you can make your own sausages!     ;) ;)

snowdrops

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 19:39 »
Well done you, have fun. I chose a Kenwood chef that came with a liquidiser goblet,processor & send away for an extra bowl & I just love it.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

RJR_38

• www.foodinmytum.com
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 19:45 »
I spent a lot of time looking at the difference between kenwood chef and kitchen aid but it came down to the fact the ken wood didn't do an Ice cream attachmemt  :nowink:

I have been thinking about a mincer attachmenr but trying to decide how much I would actually use it....

snowdrops

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2014, 19:47 »
I spent a lot of time looking at the difference between kenwood chef and kitchen aid but it came down to the fact the ken wood didn't do an Ice cream attachmemt  :nowink:

I have been thinking about a mincer attachmenr but trying to decide how much I would actually use it....

Oh I thought they did, not that I wanted them as I've got an icecream maker not that I've used it :(

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2014, 20:41 »

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2014, 03:38 »
Congratulations! I bought a Chef to come out here and it's great as I make all my own bread, cakes etc, and strangely it does great pastry which I had trouble with because of the flour here. Enjoy your KitchenAid

LotuSeed

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2014, 07:08 »
What color did you get? They have quite a selection to choose from!
Avg Last Frost Date, April 9, Avg First Frost Date, Oct 26
Avg Growing Season, 200 days

RJR_38

• www.foodinmytum.com
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2014, 08:44 »
They do!

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/15910/Kenwood-Chef-Ice-Cream-Attachment

But, you don't need it now! lol

Oh not the model I was looking at the Kmix whic is silly!

Lotuseed I got a blue one - I didn't have a full selection of colours because only certain colours were being orice matched. I even bought it a transparent cover with matching trim 😄

I've just got to decide what to make in it next....

snowdrops

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2014, 08:50 »
My hubby wanted me to have the kitchen aid but I'd been brought up with a kenwood. I was under the impression that you had to have a separate machine for the liquidiser for the kitchen aid & for me that was what I wanted included. I got a really good deal late last year from Lakeland,plus it was reduced. Just had a look at that link & might be tempted by the mincer, I've got an old one for the old kenwood I had but it doesn't fit.

jaydig

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2014, 14:58 »

I don't have a really good food mixer/processor - mine is about twenty five years old, and still going strong, but I did invest in a seperate mincing machine. I'm sure you'd find a mincer attachment useful. I don't eat meat, but my hubby does, and I was worried about what he was actually eating in today's sausages, burgers, mince, etc., I now make all his sausages and burgers, plus I buy joints of beef or whatever, when it's on offer, mince it myself,  and then store it in portions in the freezer, ready to use. It doesn't take long, and he says that home-made tastes much better, and I can cut down on the amount of fat in the sausages and burgers and his much loved cottage pies.

RJR_38

• www.foodinmytum.com
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2014, 16:34 »
I do make our own burgers with mince from the butchers and sausages come from the butchers so we try and get good quality in that sense...

Is there a certain cut you have to get for mincing (as I know you need a certain amount of fat in burgers and sausages etc although I use lean steak mince now). Also I have heard that the sausage stuffer bit is very hard to use? How do you find it?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 21:58 by RJR_38 »

Kevin67

• 250m2 grow area + 20' x 10' pt - avid fruit grower
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2014, 17:04 »
Be aware that when you use cereal as a filler-binder for the burger to use the non-yeast variety as yeast-based cereals can leave an unwanted taste. I got into this with rabbit sausages and many websites urges against using yeast-based cereal for this reason.
250m2 grow area + 20' x 10' pt - avid fruit grower
Cheap as chips, diy preferred
Will swap root cuttings etc

"There comes a point where Mother nature just says no, without a lot of electricity." Quote Beesrus

RJR_38

• www.foodinmytum.com
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2014, 17:16 »
I've never used any sort of filler for my home made burgers - although they are denser that at we prefer the fact they are more meaty. It is probably different for sausages though I guess

LotuSeed

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2014, 18:40 »
I have the food grinder attachment for my kitchen aid. I think it's designed for making your own minced/ground meat. And I could be mistaken but I believe there's a separate piece that attached to this part in order to make sausages. I don't eat meat and haven't used the grinder yet.

xx
kitchen tongs

Started by Steveharford on Kitchen Natter

2 Replies
Last post September 06, 2014, 17:06
by Mrs Bee
xx
Kitchen clear out

Started by New shoot on Kitchen Natter

12 Replies
Last post January 08, 2014, 17:42
by Willow_Warren
xx
Rebuilding the kitchen.

Started by Lardman on Kitchen Natter

23 Replies
Last post February 11, 2014, 16:11
by Growster...
clip
and she does a lap of honour round the kitchen!

Started by Mrs Bee on Kitchen Natter

22 Replies
Last post May 29, 2014, 21:13
by Mrs Bee

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 38 queries.