Where to buy chickens Lincolnshire?

• 26 Replies

chickychick

• Experienced Member
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2007, 21:00 »
a mix it is then  :D

got the chick house gloss painted inside this afternoon should make it easier to clean I think dont worry I will leave it to air well before the chickens move in.
ok so I know its a daft question but Im cute ......

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2007, 20:21 »
I don't think painting the inside of the house was a good ide, but I'm no expert!

We are going to try some of Rachel's Goldlines and Amberlincs.  Picking them up on Monday, 6 of each, so I'll let you know what they are like CC!!!  Our 49 Ex Batts are now only laying 1 dozen eggs a day between them, and my customers are getting hungry!!!! lol

chickychick

• Experienced Member
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2007, 07:12 »
Thanks I would be interested to know how you get on and what they are like, I have been busy constructing their run and house.

Hope I havent messed up painting the inside, I had got that advice off the internet it said to gloss paint the inside to seal the woodwork to stop red mites from infeting and to allow thorough cleaning.  It did say that you had to let it air for at least a weeka nd I will be allowing more than that ..what do you think might hurt them the paint fumes or actually nippling at it??

muntjac

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2007, 11:17 »
dont worry chick . they wont be affected by the paint now . its not a good idea especially with the old creosote stuff etc .id only start worrying if they do start peeling bits off at a later date then id just hard board it out to cover it .. bured mites will get in anways but your weekly clean out and a monthly spray with red mite / white mite spray will cover it  :wink:
still alive /............

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2007, 17:05 »
WE GOT THEM!!!!

And lovely looking birds they are too!!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

They are very calm birds, getting moved around didn't phase them, nor did a very inquisitive dog and 50 ex battery chooks!  They have their own pen and house and settled in very well.  Chuffed to meatballs with them!

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2007, 17:43 »
Thought you said 6 of each grannie  :?:

The are beautiful birds are'nt they  :D

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2007, 21:44 »
Don't worry auntie, I can count!!!  :lol:  But they are a little nervous, and wouldn't sit in one place!!!  So I had to get these ones quick, before they scooted away.

We had to put them in their new house tonight, as it was a bit strange at first.  OH should have shut them in for a while like he usually does, but as it was a nice afternoon, he let them go in and out as they wanted.  At first they didn't want to come out of the house, but then they didn't want to go in!!!  They were still nervous tonight, but didn't fly away as he was catching them, like the others did, and they seemed happy enough once they were inside.

roseyn

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2007, 14:05 »
you could try the poultry pen at Brigg www.poultrypen.co.uk
or Franks at Leasingham, they have POL hens which are for their farm at £3.95 fully vaccinated.

E.B. & J.H. FRANKS
2, Moor Lane, Leasingham, Sleaford, Lincolnshire NG34 8JN
Tel: 01529 302671  

Rosey

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2007, 14:16 »
We got our last lot of POL's from near Sleaford, but I can't remember the name.  Ruskington way it was.  But Friskney is a bit nearer for chickychick I think!

Also, we've now discovered where the lady we bought from on Monday buys her day olds, so we may have our own POL's for sale soon, as Hubby likes the white ones!!  They are going to be very good layers apparently, and are lovely placid birds, so will be ideal for back garden flocks.

chickychick

• Experienced Member
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2007, 19:39 »
Thanks for the reassurance about the paint in the chick house ..was a bit worried that I had messed up!  Lovely to see these chickens aw they are so cute erm 'cough' I mean yes they do look like good egg layers dont they he he
Cant wait to get mine should be this weekend all being well..I am going to go to the lady at Friskney as I phoned her and she sounds very pleasant and have been told she is lovely and those birds from her look super

I now have an outside egg laying box as advised by munty and hav a outside run area of about 17ft by 17 ft so that should be fine for just 4 little chooks ha ha will perhaps bring home 5 ... watch this space!!!

As I type my long suffering bloke is felting the chicken house !!

andy1

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2007, 11:26 »
hi im from grimsby,,ive got two mix hens and two chicks at 7 week old, if you need to know anything dont hesatate,,

chickychick

• Experienced Member
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2007, 07:50 »
Thanks andy I will certainly get in touch if i need help its good of you to offer.

I now have 4 chickens AT LAST!!!!!!! woopeee

xx
Next Lincolnshire Hen Rescue!

Started by GrannieAnnie on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post April 29, 2008, 21:30
by GrannieAnnie
xx
Lincolnshire Buff

Started by D on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post October 17, 2010, 19:16
by bantam novice
xx
Chicks in Lincolnshire

Started by gillian62 on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post August 15, 2010, 20:19
by joyfull
xx
Bird Flu Bourne Lincolnshire

Started by grinling on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post March 10, 2018, 17:07
by grinling

Page created in 0.26 seconds with 37 queries.