Frustration!!

• 10 Replies

Weston grower

• Experienced Member
Frustration!!
« on: January 03, 2013, 10:39 »
I've had a half plot for some years and have decided to apply for an additional half for this year. We dont change owners until late March. I know I am high up on the waiting list and as I've been working an adjacent half to help someone out I'm fairly confident that I will get ownership of it.

But I wont be sure until late March!!

So I dont know if I'm keeping a plot clear for someone else and then I get a weed garden for myself. It is the fair way to do it - waiting to see who is leaving and who wants a plot but very FRUSTRATING.

Rant over.  Regards WG

m1ckz

Re: Frustration!!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 10:47 »
wish you luck,,,just what i went though last year,,,,but i got the 1 next to me 

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 10:48 »
IKWYM

I was taliking to a chap about the 2 spare beds ( a 1/4 plot in total) he doesn't want to use any more (an elderly gent) but he was going to ask SWMBO first, although he didn't think it would be a problem.
I haven't seen him since because of the bad weather - so I'm planning on growing on them, but have to bear in mind that I may not be - very difficult  :wacko:

angelavdavis

• Winner - Prettiest Pumpkin 2012
  • An allotment glutton!
    • The Allotment Glutton
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 11:02 »
I am in a similar position.  I took over the next but one plot to my original plot in June last year - nice view of the South Downs.  We have been slowly clearing this as it was in a terribly overgrown state. 

In November, I found out that the tenant next to my original plot hadn't paid their plot fee again this year and the Treasurer was getting fed up chasing them, so I mentioned I would be interested in this plot if it became free in exchange for the other one which we have cleared.

Of course,we haven't heard any more.  I held fire planting the onions because of it, but decided we had waited long enough and went ahead.

It will be just my luck if the plot next door does become free after all!
Read about my allotment exploits at Ecodolly at plots 37 & 39.  Questions, queries and comments are appreciated at Comment on Ecodolly's exploits on plots 37 & 39

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 13:04 »
I suppose the best you can do is follow up your verbal request with a letter or email to the same effect, as then at least they shouldn't forget who has asked for what

If you do get offered somehting else, ask to swap... you never know!
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

Ema

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 15:40 »
I agree I would send them a letter or email in feb as a mind jogger. I'm still waiting for the paperwork for my plot I know which number it is I've been down to see it and my minds buzzing with ideas just have to wait for the agreement to come.

Weston grower

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2013, 09:33 »
Yippee!!! Have been allocated additional plot and its the one I had been working on. This means very few weeds to deal with and as a bonus I'm allowed to get on to it now instead of waiting till changeover day.

Now what was it I was advised to use for back pain :)

Regards, WG

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2013, 10:00 »
Excellent news  :D
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

rowan57

• Experienced Member
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2013, 10:46 »
Congrats :) It does happen though, one of my plot neighbours has been looking after and growing on the plot next to his for a couple of years (he knows the couple quite well). They pop in and pay the fee once a year and then thats it, he basically gets a free plot (unless they eventually decide to do some work).

maxie

• Experienced Member
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2013, 11:04 »
Congrats :) It does happen though, one of my plot neighbours has been looking after and growing on the plot next to his for a couple of years (he knows the couple quite well). They pop in and pay the fee once a year and then thats it, he basically gets a free plot (unless they eventually decide to do some work).

Sub letting is banned on my site,when nobody wanted them some lads had three each.If theres a big waiting list the couple should be booted off thats what happened on ours and the lads back to a single plot.

Weston grower

• Experienced Member
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2013, 09:32 »
I wasn't sub letting. I was helping a neighbour. :)

xx
Onion frustration

Started by clairendaniel on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post July 28, 2013, 19:22
by snow white
xx
Broadbean frustration

Started by mumsflowerpot on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post July 19, 2008, 18:32
by Aunt Sally
xx
Rabbit Frustration

Started by NN2Blue on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post July 02, 2011, 17:43
by NN2Blue
xx
Puff progress & frustration

Started by Puff on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post January 06, 2007, 19:12
by spinny

Page created in 0.31 seconds with 40 queries.