Michael Fish's big day...

• 4 Replies

Growster...

Michael Fish's big day...
« on: October 16, 2018, 18:22 »
Bet he wonders what to do on this day...

And it was sultry, warm - a bit odd really - rather like today!

1987 made us all a bit wary back then, I wish we'd had a digital camera, as we could only do one film and Truprint did the rest! I must try and find all the pics!

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: Michael Fish's big day...
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 16:40 »
Not likely to forget that Growster - was en route from Manchester to visit the family in Hastings the day after and thought it might be rather an adventure.  ::)

Took 13 hours altogether, including a 5 hour coach trip from Victoria coach station for the last leg, which took in all points SE (probably including Growster Towers had I but known it at the time.)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Mr Dog

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 17:31 »
Sailed back over the Channel from Guernsey to Salcombe in a 30ft yacht that night - was interesting to say the least! Since then the BBC weather forecast seems to have become far too pessimistic whenever there's anything remotely like bad weather about..

Growster...

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 06:39 »
Not likely to forget that Growster - was en route from Manchester to visit the family in Hastings the day after and thought it might be rather an adventure.  ::)

Took 13 hours altogether, including a 5 hour coach trip from Victoria coach station for the last leg, which took in all points SE (probably including Growster Towers had I but known it at the time.)

I'd just started a new job in Tonbridge, Jay, and my neighbour banged on the door to enquire if I'd seen my car...

Flattened by a brick wall! The greenhouse had several panes all over the garden - some were unbroken too!

The A21 was a nightmare, as you found out! Chainsaws everywhere, and sad sights as well.

Growster...

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2018, 06:41 »
Sailed back over the Channel from Guernsey to Salcombe in a 30ft yacht that night - was interesting to say the least! Since then the BBC weather forecast seems to have become far too pessimistic whenever there's anything remotely like bad weather about..

Every puff of wind is 'personalised' now, Mr Dog.

I cannot understand why, but am afraid that if the BBC are involved, I'm going to be less interested!

xx
Fish

Started by jezza on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post August 28, 2022, 14:15
by jezza
xx
Wartime fish...

Started by Growster... on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post May 08, 2021, 06:19
by Growster...
xx
How to divide a fish and chip order...

Started by Growster... on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post October 22, 2017, 18:42
by snowdrops

Page created in 0.272 seconds with 41 queries.