I'm fed up looking...

• 17 Replies

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
I'm fed up looking...
« on: January 26, 2018, 12:39 »
so can anyone tell me where I've put the Winterkefe peas? Got them out of the seed box last weekish to 'remind me' to sow them. I got the compost in and the deep pea pots ready to start, and now I can't find the seeds  :wacko:

I've checked all the drawers and pots that stuff usually ends up in - even looked in the fridge (weird? yes but it has been known  ::) ) and no sign of them. They were saved seeds so I can't just nip to the shops to replace them  :(

jaydig

Re: I'm fed up looking...
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 13:49 »
I was going to suggest the fridge, and maybe the freezer, as that's where I tend to put things.  You didn't put them back in the seed box, perhaps?  Or in a pocket of whatever you were wearing when you sorted them out?
Did you stop to make a cup of tea, and maybe put them in the cupboard with the tea and coffee?
Silly things to ask, I know, but I've done all of these.  One thing I can guarantee is that you will definitely find them once it's too late to sow them.  I once lost a baby vest that I bought for someone's baby and found it when the child was about ten years old.  It had slipped off the shelf in the built in wardrobe and slipped down the side of the old chimney breast that was screened by the doors.

snowdrops

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 17:02 »
Are they where you got the compost from,or did you sow them? Can you tell that’s what I’ve done in the past 😱
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 17:56 »
The seeds aren't in the greenhouse which is where the compost was and no I haven't filled the modules yet, and they aren't already sown - I checked the greenhouse   :blush:  I've checked jeans, fleece and allotment coat pockets, and not there either :(

I'll just have to stop looking and hope they turn up within the next couple of weeks.. oh well!

pigeonpie

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 18:09 »
Oh how frustrating!

I once spent 15 minutes carefully going through some soup (with small spoons, twice) that my husband had made insisting he had put a bay leaf in that I wanted to find before blitzing it. I later found the missing bay leaf just abandoned on the shelf out of its tub in the herb cupboard. He swears blind he put it in!  :mad:

They're bound to be where you least expect them, good luck!

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 18:20 »
Your pea seeds are probably in the same place I've put my pizza wheel   ::)

snowdrops

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2018, 18:40 »
The seeds aren't in the greenhouse which is where the compost was and no I haven't filled the modules yet, and they aren't already sown - I checked the greenhouse   :blush:  I've checked jeans, fleece and allotment coat pockets, and not there either :(

I'll just have to stop looking and hope they turn up within the next couple of weeks.. oh well!

Perhaps like me you are looking for a different colour/type of packaging & so can’t see it though it’s in front of your nose lol

LILLILEAF

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2018, 18:43 »
Have you separated all your pots when you were filling them with compost,do you have a dog?,mine tends to walk off with bits and piece's,then I find them in the yard :nowink:silly dog :lol:

robinahood

• Experienced Member
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2018, 18:57 »
Do you keep a hand written record of what you sow? I do, and found seeds bookmarking the page!

madcat

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2018, 20:52 »
Your pea seeds are probably in the same place I've put my pizza wheel   ::)

and my gardening voucher, that I know runs out at the end of March!  Infuriating, isn't it !!   :mad:
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

Mr Dog

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2018, 22:00 »
If you find them have a look to see if my Sweet Candle carrot seeds are with them. Not seen the packet since I got it out to take to the allotment 3 years ago!

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2018, 23:12 »
I'm not glad that others seem to be in the same situation, but I suppose it is just the way of the world - or there wouldn't have been a saint for lost things since the middle ages  :lol:

Nikkithefoot

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2018, 18:12 »
I have some broad bean seeds that regularly go missing. I find them put them in a safe place and then they go into hiding. Bought them a couple of years ago and still not planted. All my other seeds are in a box together, waiting to be sown.
I was put on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things; right now I am so far behind I will never die.

jaydig

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2018, 11:01 »
Have you found them yet, Mum?

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2018, 11:48 »
No they haven't appeared anywhere yet  ::) A fellow seed swapper friend felt sorry for me and replaced them.
They're about 6ins high, but are out in the cold, snow-covered greenhouse atm so hope they survive after all that trouble  ::)

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 54 queries.