Hello from Denmark.

• 3 Replies

border

Hello from Denmark.
« on: August 01, 2015, 06:45 »
I found this site after following a link on another forum. I have only spent a very short time mooching about and found the site to be a mine of information, so I joined up.

I'm an ex-pat living on a 12 acre small holding on the West coast of Jutland, together with my Danish wife and 3 large dogs. 
The smallholding is 5km from long sandy beaches and the North Sea great in the summer, not that we have had much summer weather this year, and very cold and windy in the winter.

I have worked on oil rigs, and spent much of my time away, which is why I never found the time to look after fruit and veg plots, but I'm now at home full time, due to a work related accident, so I'm going to make an effort to grow some fruit and veg. I have started in a very small way, with just 3 raised beds, and so far I'm pleased with the results, nothing like eating home grown.

Well, that's about it, so I'm off for a looksee, see what I can pick up.

Just before I go, a thank you to John, who took the time to send me a new subscriber newsletter, which I found very interesting and helpful, thanks mate.
dimidium facti qui coepit habet

snowdrops

Re: Hello from Denmark.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 07:24 »
Hi there, as you say nothing like eating your own home grown. 3 raised beds is a great way to start, might a poly tunnel be a way of extending your growing season.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 07:42 »
Welcome to the site  :D

If you pop your general location into your forum profile, we'll remember whereabouts you are (it's often relevant when chatting about growing stuff)  :)
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

border

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 08:40 »
No problem ........done.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 12:39 by border »

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 36 queries.