What I did in the Greenhouse or Polytunnel today

• 400 Replies

Lardman

Re: What I did in the Greenhouse or Polytunnel today
« Reply #390 on: June 04, 2021, 16:33 »
but since I’d already potted them into the pots the other day I had to find other means of attaching the strings to the pots/ plants as opposed to planting the string under the plant  :unsure:
I use membrane pegs / tent pegs pushed in next to the toms - they're small enough not to damage too many roots, once you start to tie in the plant weight will keep the string tight anyway so it's not really needed.  ;)

snowdrops

« Reply #391 on: June 04, 2021, 17:34 »
Thanks Lards, be used the tent peg method for runner beans before now, :) I actually tied some strings around the edge of the pots, some to the actual stem of the plant & some through holes that we made in the pot rim for this purpose some years ago (plastic flower buckets from supermarkets).
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Lardman

« Reply #392 on: June 05, 2021, 11:44 »
Watered and tied in the toms.  The left hand side of the GH which I think ::) are the sungold  are just forming their first trusses and needed side shooting,  nothing yet on the right hand side toms. The cukes are very much sulking across the gable end, they appear healthy enough just slow to grow.

Lardman

« Reply #393 on: June 23, 2021, 15:39 »
Watered and fed the toms, everything appears to be fine but other than the lettuce you'd be hard pressed to tell anything was actually growing.  ::)

Lardman

« Reply #394 on: June 30, 2021, 12:59 »
Watered and side shooted the toms, the lettuce is growing well but everything else is about as enthusiastic to grow as I am about doing my tax return  ::)

snowdrops

« Reply #395 on: June 30, 2021, 20:59 »
Picked 3 cucumbers from the greenhouse & 1 from the poly tunnel  :lol: watered the greenhouse toms, cucumbers,peppers & aubergines + the other seedlings in there

Lardman

« Reply #396 on: February 10, 2022, 13:29 »
Opened the door - ate a few of the physalis which were still hanging around and decided I did't feel like wresting with all the furry tomato plants and closed the door again.  :nowink:  Much the same as I do round about now every year.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #397 on: February 10, 2022, 13:43 »
decided I did't feel like wresting with all the furry tomato plants and closed the door again.  :nowink:  Much the same as I do round about now every year.
I have that feeling as well, the glass ones are now clean and tidy, but the plastic Norfolk one is furry and green  ::) :ohmy:

rowlandwells

« Reply #398 on: February 11, 2022, 10:15 »
had a  day tidying up the potting shed in prep for the spring sowings leaving the main greenhouses for the time being as we have some plants under cover and its not that warm in the cold greenhouses yet

not sure if this weather's going to bring on an early spring here ? so we are keeping things under wraps to see if the weather changes there's still time to get a  a cold spell?

apart from that every things ready to start in the potting shed now trays pots modules compost but I'm not getting  to hasty there's time enough  :D

Lardman

« Reply #399 on: March 14, 2022, 12:56 »
The sun came out so I finally summoned the energy to start cutting down the furry tomato stems and the dried out physalis from the bottom greenhouse.

Looks like either Mickey or Rodney has been living in there over winter so I'll need to deal with that sooner rather than later. I need to clear out the stuff I've been keeping which might be useful, as there are lots of plant pots with odd bits of string, wire, clips, pegs and label in. It needs a bit of general maintenance now, some pointing and the guttering need sorting but after a good wash things should be ready for another season  :)

snowdrops

« Reply #400 on: March 14, 2022, 19:31 »
Well done Lardman for making a start, same as me last Thursday & boy did it feel better, so much that today I ventured to finally get the seeds out, sowed 2 types of aubergine, of chilli & 2 of sweet peppers. Better late than never  :lol:. Was going to do the tomatoes but got called away to collect from play school  :unsure:

xx
Polytunnel vs greenhouse.

Started by Kate and her Ducks on Growing in Greenhouses & Polytunnels

9 Replies
Last post November 23, 2012, 00:54
by John
xx
Greenhouse V Polytunnel?

Started by fallen angel on Growing in Greenhouses & Polytunnels

13 Replies
Last post February 21, 2016, 19:02
by BabbyAnn
xx
Polytunnel or Greenhouse

Started by ches on Growing in Greenhouses & Polytunnels

5 Replies
Last post July 02, 2019, 08:38
by sunshineband
xx
Greenhouse or Polytunnel?

Started by Clarky86 on Growing in Greenhouses & Polytunnels

5 Replies
Last post August 31, 2017, 21:13
by grinling

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 52 queries.