Vacuum cleaners

• 6 Replies

AlaninCarlisle

Vacuum cleaners
« on: October 13, 2017, 12:43 »
An old friend of ours is struggling to use her Dyson bagless ball cleaner, too difficult for her to manoeuvre with her weak wrists she says. She needs a really effective cleaner as she has a couple of very hairy dogs so I doubt if one of the new cordless ones or ones without a rotating brush would be sufficient. Maybe a more traditional cleaner with a bag might be better.

Can anyone recommend anything?

Pescador

Re: Vacuum cleaners
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 13:12 »
Wouldn't a cylinder be easier on the wrists than an upright?
Every Pickle Helps!

Paul's Preserves and Pickles.

AlaninCarlisle

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 13:31 »
Is there such a thing as a cylinder cleaner with a rotating brush to pick up fine dog-hair?

Fairy Plotmother

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 13:34 »
I had an Electrolux turbo once upon a time. That had a rotating brush

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 13:35 »
At full power my Miele C2 'cat and dog' bagged 'cylinder' cleaner almost sucks up the actual pile on the carpet ::), which does make it harder to manoeuvre.

Luckily the turbo brush does a great job even on half power, which makes it much easier to handle.
It does of course come with other attachments too.

It seems well made and is therefore a bit expensive, although for once in my life I dropped lucky when Tossco were almost giving them away for a very short period for less than £100, but there are always big variations in price anyway if she decides to go for one.
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Auntiemogs

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 13:36 »
I have a Vax cordless upright, and it's fantastic for hoovering up the cat floof.  Very light, manoeuvrable, and not having to faff around with a cable makes all the difference.  It also comes with 2 batteries, so it's easy to switch over if one dies.  I always used to buy Dysons, buy they are far too heavy for me now.  A couple of times a year, Vax have a sale (I get notifications from the MSE site), and they're heavily discounted. :-)
I would rather live in a world
where my life is surrounded by mystery
than live in a world so small that my mind could comprehend it...✿~ Harry Emerson Fosdick

Goosegirl

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2017, 15:55 »
I have a Dyson cordless because I struggled with the corded and heavier Dyson version. It's brilliant, easy to manoeuvre, light-weight, good at picking up cat hairs and other fluff, and can be used as a hand-held cleaner. My only problem with it is the dust canister is rather small and, if you don't empty it after a few goes, it can clog around the inner filter so I use a blunt letter-opener to get the fluff out, but it doesn't half get the stuff out of your carpets!
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

moved
MOVED: vacuum sealers

Started by Yorkie on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post January 01, 2023, 17:18
by Yorkie

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 39 queries.