our pets

• 16 Replies

yaxley

Re: our pets
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2013, 23:59 »
My husband has a scar on his face and hand where was been bitten by his father's polecat  :ohmy:

He was very hands on when I found the ferret in my garden but fortunately for him she was quite used to being handled  :)

Oh yes they can deliver a nasty bite when they want had one bite me last year when i was judging a show put 17 holes in my thumb and finger had to pour water over it,s head to get it to release .. But must say have never been bitten by any that i have owned and bred over the years they just need a lot of handling when there younger to realise your not a threat .So even though your husband was bitten it has not put him off holding them .
Grow organic as nature intended

Agatha

Re: our pets
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2013, 12:59 »
Ferrets are beautiful and intelligent, but they are a bit smelly too - I called in to see some friends last summer on my way out for dinner.  Their ferrets had had a recent 'happy event' and the owner asked if I would like to cuddle one of the babies - before I could say anything I found I was holding THREE ferret kits...they were gorgeous, but I then had to go on to my dinner engagement stinking of ferret  :unsure:  Fortunately, we were eating outdoors, but even then I noticed people were giving me a wide berth  :lol:
'The love of gardening is a seed that once sown never dies, but always grows and grows to an enduring and ever-increasing source of happiness.'  Gertrude Jekyll

xx
Your Pets

Started by mrs bouquet on Pets without Feathers

1 Replies
Last post July 05, 2020, 14:16
by sunnywillow
xx
Pets Gallery

Started by John on Pets without Feathers

1711 Replies
Last post January 26, 2024, 20:25
by Subversive_plot
xx
Pets with Feathers?

Started by Paul Plots on Pets without Feathers

9 Replies
Last post December 08, 2012, 21:42
by shoozie
xx
Pets as therapy

Started by janet12000 on Pets without Feathers

49 Replies
Last post December 09, 2009, 20:35
by janet12000

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 38 queries.