Vintage 12V Battery Operated Rotavator!

• 3 Replies

Missie

Vintage 12V Battery Operated Rotavator!
« on: May 19, 2010, 16:44 »
I have the most peculiar find after clearing out a paddock.I think it may well be hand made but it is a 12V Car battery operated rotavator!

I shall take and add pics shortly.!

The cable snapped,we charged up a car battery,put it on and pulled the cable with some grips to keep it on.

I yes I have just rotavated a section 20 feet x 12 feet to 8" depth!

The wheels are held on as are the tines with large clips,they just pull out and the wheels are taken off easily.

I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on this,it is a teriffic little rotavator which has heaps of oomph about it,it is Soo easy to use! I am chuffed,never thought I would be able to use one!
roto1.JPG

Missie

Re: Vintage 12V Battery Operated Rotavator!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 09:13 »
I have just uploaded a picture!!
I have the most peculiar find after clearing out a paddock.I think it may well be hand made but it is a 12V Car battery operated rotavator!

I shall take and add pics shortly.!

The cable snapped,we charged up a car battery,put it on and pulled the cable with some grips to keep it on.

I yes I have just rotavated a section 20 feet x 12 feet to 8" depth!

The wheels are held on as are the tines with large clips,they just pull out and the wheels are taken off easily.

I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on this,it is a teriffic little rotavator which has heaps of oomph about it,it is Soo easy to use! I am chuffed,never thought I would be able to use one!

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 09:21 »
I love that!

It does have a slightly home-made look about it, and I can't help thinking that even in the less Health & Safety conscious days of yore it might have been a slightly risky proposition assuming the battery is a "wet" lead-acid type!  :ohmy:
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Missie

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 09:26 »
hehe,Yes,we have recharged the car battery just to finish off today!

I love that!

It does have a slightly home-made look about it, and I can't help thinking that even in the less Health & Safety conscious days of yore it might have been a slightly risky proposition assuming the battery is a "wet" lead-acid type!  :ohmy:

xx
Battery-operated lawnmower

Started by Goosegirl on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post June 15, 2014, 09:36
by AnneB
clip
wicks for vintage heater belonging to my vintage friend

Started by Tommy Turnip on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post February 14, 2019, 08:29
by mumofstig
xx
For those about to dibble, the 'Growster' Foot-Operated Dibbler...

Started by Growster... on Equipment Shed

9 Replies
Last post May 14, 2011, 20:48
by Growster...
xx
vintage tools

Started by Offwego on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post January 12, 2018, 21:32
by Offwego

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 39 queries.