Soggy flannels and cloths Urgh!

• 15 Replies

mrs bouquet

Soggy flannels and cloths Urgh!
« on: November 27, 2018, 12:31 »
On the Doc's advice I must now not wring the water out of flannels and kitchen dish cloths etc.  Although I am currently unable to do this anyway.
I have tried sponges and J-clothes, but they are not very good for wiping kitchen surfaces and draining boards etc.   Also, flannels,  I must wash myself  :D

Please have you got any suggestions of things to use to overcome soggy, boggy,smelly cloths.    Thanks, Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

grinling

Re: Soggy flannels and cloths Urgh!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 15:32 »
I would just use flannel/dishcloth and put into washing machine. I do this with the flannel I use for drying condensation on the window before I open it.

madcat

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 15:35 »
Now that is a nuisance!  Sympathies ...

In the kitchen I use Tesco non stick washing up sponges.  I've tried all the other supermarket ones and these are the ones I come back to, because they wipe up properly and don't collapse.

As for the flannel... stumped.  More showering? :unsure:
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

snowdrops

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 16:39 »
For bathing could you use one of the scrubby type wash things? You just shake them when done & hang up to dry, then pop in the washing machine when you do your towels. Have you thought of looking  at those retailers that cater for the disabled, they might have something to ‘wring’ out cloths?
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

jaydig

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2018, 17:24 »
Vitility Press Easy squeezey Hand Cloth

Found this on Amazington, but it is £22.05 for what appears to be a very simple plastic tube set-up.  I don't know how long you're not going to be able to wring out your cloths, Mrs B, but it would possibly be worth it if you are going to have an ongoing problem.

jaydig

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2018, 17:31 »
Just had another look for something suitable for a lot less money, and found a replacement Food Pusher for BS180A on Amazington for £4.59.  If you could find a suitable narrow plastic container that someone could possibly cut a slot into for you, it might just work.

Veg Plot 1B

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2018, 18:20 »
Would a lettuce spinner work?

Lardman

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2018, 21:14 »
Kitchen. Paper towels for wiping down, single use wipes (I know they're not green) and I use the spontex brilliant pads.

Bathroom. I bought ML as job lot of flannels, they go in the laundry daily there's nothing worse than a smelly face flannel, much nicer to have a fresh one each day.

Missey

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2018, 21:35 »
I have to admit I'm a little OCD with dish cloths so do use a lot of kitchen paper - I do compost it but obviously there is still a huge environmental cost   :(

DanielCoffey

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2018, 08:33 »
Remember not to flush any of the wet wipes, even those that say "flushable".

I like the idea of getting a job lot of flannels or cloths - maybe hit the local charity shops looking for towelling fabric - and have so many you can use once, rinse if needed then pop in the laundry pile.

Growster...

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2018, 09:58 »
'J cloths' are the norm here for all kitchen stuff.

And to let them dry, just hang them over the sink, the water drains out pretty quickly!

When they really are past it, I use them in the shed, greenhouse etc!

madcat

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2018, 10:14 »
I like the idea of getting a job lot of flannels or cloths - maybe hit the local charity shops looking for towelling fabric - and have so many you can use once, rinse if needed then pop in the laundry pile.

My mother bought me a job lot from the market - I think they worked out at 40 or 50p each which we use in the camper.  Worth an eye if you have a local market ...

snowdrops

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2018, 10:21 »
For flannels check out the &1 shops I got some very soft fleece type ones for grandbaby hoping they’d use them for bums instead of wipes 6 for £1 still going strong as flannels 21/2 years later(never been near a bum lol)

grinling

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2018, 21:21 »
have washing up water in a spray bottle, spray surface then wipe with flannel. wash flannel. No wringing involved.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2018, 21:31 »
But how do I wring out the flannel when I have washed it ? :wacko: Mrs Bouquet - Honest I am sooo dim.

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 38 queries.