The stuff that dreams are made of ...

• 11 Replies

New shoot

• Global Moderator
The stuff that dreams are made of ...
« on: March 17, 2018, 11:22 »
The weather is horrible and we are all itching to get on  :mad:  I'm flicking through catalogues, which is always a dangerous game  :lol:  Anyway, at least it is March, not November and we can look forward to spring when it eventually gets here.

In the meantime, I'm dreaming of balmy days, picking sweetpeas, biting into that first strawberry and digging up the first new potatoes ...... aaahhhhh ...... how about you?

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
Re: The stuff that dreams are made of ...
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 12:26 »
I applaud your optimism. I just want to get growing and this weather is doing my nut in  :mad:
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 19:51 by Plot 1 Problems »

jaydig

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 14:17 »
The weather is horrible and we are all itching to get on  :mad:  I'm flicking through catalogues, which is always a dangerous game  :lol:  Anyway, at least it is March, not November and we can look forward to spring when it eventually gets here.

In the meantime, I'm dreaming of balmy days, picking sweetpeas, biting into that first strawberry and digging up the first new potatoes ...... aaahhhhh ...... how about you?

The first, tender courgette, to be followed quickly by hundreds of  enormous marrows!  Being on the plot early and alone, listening to the birds sing and feeling the warmth of the sun. Broad beans buzzing with bees. Fresh, tender lettuce, radish and salad leaves that don't cost £1 per bag.  Hearing the buzzards calling overhead, and watching them glide effortlessly through the sky. Meeting up again with old friends after the long winter's absence. There's so much to look forward to, and I agree with you New Shoot, this really is the best time of the year.

greenjay

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 18:11 »
warm sunshine!

rowlandwells

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 18:37 »
I think we are all getting a little P''OF with this long winter although the sun did shine here yesterday honest it did we had a day of and went shopping in Rugby and I didn't wear my overcoat so it must have been a little warmer to

I keep saying spring is just around the corner what corner I don't know the wife has hidden all the seed catalogues I put some peas and beans in pots the other day and there still there in there pots in packets although I did go outdoors today to get the logs in and empty the ash pan that was at least ten minuets

the only person who's not complaining about the weather is my wife because when its to cold to do any  gardening I'm busy painting and decorating indoors please please let it be spring

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2018, 19:52 »
the only person who's not complaining about the weather is my wife because when its to cold to do any  gardening I'm busy painting and decorating indoors please please let it be spring

You have my sympathy. The terror of Indoor Chores.

8doubles

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2018, 20:05 »
Sowed the runner beans in tube in the kitchen on St Patricks day last year , got them out nice and early !
Looking at the snow going past the window horizontally today i think i will give it a fortnight !

Nice to have a bit of sun on the back on the odd day but if it is too cold for the slugs and snails at night it is too cold for my veg !

Growster...

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2018, 20:26 »
Seven sorts of tom seeds went in this week, and it was a nice gesture to spring...

All different today, snow and cold, wet and unkind...

Back to the good library book!

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2018, 08:04 »
I was thinking about tomato seeds the other day, but held back.  Maybe next week out of defiance and to cheer me up ;)

This morning I found the oregano and the heleniums on the windowsill were starting to germinate.  That will do as 2 fingers up to the snow outside for today  :)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2018, 09:57 »
Seed shuffling is as good as actually sowing them. If the Graudian says it is  - who am I to argue  :tongue2:

:lol:
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/mar/18/allotment-fever-and-seed-obsession-allan-jenkins?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Facebook

Nikkithefoot

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2018, 08:15 »
The smell of the first grass cut of the year, smell of tomatoes being pinched out. Warm sunshine to weed by. Harvest the first new potatoes, sitting listening to the bees among the flowers, early morning bird song.........................so much to look forward to.

Do they sell patience anywhere as mine has gone missing?
I was put on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things; right now I am so far behind I will never die.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2018, 08:21 »
Do they sell patience anywhere as mine has gone missing?

Funnily enough mine has gone as well - perhaps they are having a meet-up somewhere.........

xx
Any daft dreams lately?

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post October 13, 2022, 11:58
by Goosegirl
xx
Strange dreams

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post March 01, 2021, 14:06
by Subversive_plot
xx
I've made a decision

Started by jmc1949 on Chatting on the Plot

9 Replies
Last post March 26, 2020, 15:38
by mrs bouquet
xx
This has made me so sad today.

Started by Aidy on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post December 13, 2018, 15:04
by Aidy

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 48 queries.