POORLY HENS

• 3 Replies

db20xmax

POORLY HENS
« on: January 03, 2008, 07:43 »
Can anyone help..... I went to lock my hens away for the night on tuesday and found a dead pullet lying in the hutch???? It was still a little warm so hadnt been dead long. Its crop was also full. The hutch is clean and well kept, however i do put a handfull of mixed corn into the hutch at night. Could this be the cause of my young pullet dieing? (eating corn that has been laying amongst droppings)

Bodger

POORLY HENS
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 08:48 »
Most unlikely to be caused by you feeding your chickens on the base of the coup at night. The birds death could have been due to any number of reasons but you can discount that one.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
POORLY HENS
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 13:37 »
Unless you have any clues as to her death, like previous symptoms or injury, it could just be an unexpected death.  

Birds run on a very high blood pressure and can suffer with stroke and heart attack.  Unless she had any other symptoms I'd just put it down to that  :cry:

mick.c

POORLY HENS
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 19:48 »
:? If it's any comfort I have just lost a well loved hen,( see hunched and lethargic) a good egg layer who picked up some bug and simply lost the will to live , i tried several of the remedies offered but in the end she just gave up. I have come to the conclusion that with  avery small brain and pre-historic body construction ,almost anything can cause death in chickens , so long as the rest of your birds are fine it sounds like just a one off.

xx
Oh NO! Poorly hens

Started by Evansent on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post November 09, 2008, 22:05
by Aunt Sally
xx
Poorly hens

Started by jillyr1 on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post May 07, 2011, 08:31
by bantam novice
xx
Poorly hens?

Started by cudders on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post October 28, 2007, 21:28
by Aunt Sally
xx
Poorly hens!

Started by Holly Carney on The Hen House

44 Replies
Last post November 03, 2010, 22:22
by Holly Carney

Page created in 0.312 seconds with 38 queries.