I'm a shedless wonder

• 38 Replies

New shoot

• Global Moderator
I'm a shedless wonder
« on: October 07, 2017, 17:03 »
My old shed at home came down today and I am shedless.  Feels odd  :wacko:

The spuds are in the cupboard under the stairs, the onions and squash are in the greenhouse, the dining room is full of stuff and we are knackered.

However, its worth it because the new shed is coming on Wednesday - whoop whoop  :D

snowdrops

Re: I'm a shedless wonder
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 19:28 »
Haha, it seems I might need a new one at the plot when I went to refelt  it I found it the roof was rotten, I already knew a few boards were on there way. Did you buy a new one local?
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 19:35 »
I did but they are agents for this lot. 

http://www.ajsectional.com/

We were able to see the sheds and we've got a good sturdy one for a reasonable price  :)

snowdrops

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 19:40 »
Thanks NS, all look bigger than I need, I only need a6x4 or 8 x6 at the most as it's my 2nd shed at the plot that I keep the rotovator in & the things I don't use as much, I've already got a 10x8 if I have any more room I'll just fill it with more xxxx lol

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2017, 19:42 »
They do all sizes down to 6x4.  We've got a 7x5 coming  :)

snowdrops

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2017, 19:45 »
Oh I'll take another look, I thought they all looked big

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2017, 19:53 »
From all the choices given to us they seem to do every design in every size you could want, plus extras and options.   

I have treated myself to a couple, like nice big windows and a workbench attached to the wall underneath them.  Me and the salesman were having a good old natter about how many seed spuds you could get on there to chit, while OH pretended he didn't know me and stood in the background rolling his eyes  :lol:

snowdrops

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2017, 21:36 »
Haha, still can't see the type I might want if this was is beyond repair, maybe I need to give them a ring, there's a stockist in Coventry.

Growster...

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2017, 05:53 »
With all the toys I've amassed over the last few years, I have to have a serious think about our shed...

You can actually hang a Mantis on the wall with a decent hook, but not a huge great lawnmower... The bike takes up a huge amount of room, because the shelves at one end are full of paint tins and garden chemicals, and there's a whole shelf unit dedicated to tools and screws, nails etc!

There's a Workmate in there, which is an original 1967 model, and can take off three toes in a flash, and of course, the grass rakes fly at you when the door opens!

I mentioned to Mrs Growster that we might have to get a bigger one (10 x 6 at the moment), and received the withering look in response!

So a small tin of paint will just have to go...

snowdrops

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2017, 08:37 »
Oh growster I so love your posts & feel your pain. I will also feel the pain of the cost of a new shed if it comes to that. I have 3 sheds, 1 in the garden,custom made by hubbyaround 7x10 & the 2 at the plot 10x8 & 6x4. Still could do with a bit more space at times

madcat

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2017, 09:13 »
I blame his 3 bikes for taking all the space .....

(my plantpots are very tidy ... honest!  Except when they have a landslide   :wub: )
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

Growster...

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2017, 12:12 »
Oh growster I so love your posts & feel your pain. I will also feel the pain of the cost of a new shed if it comes to that. I have 3 sheds, 1 in the garden,custom made by hubbyaround 7x10 & the 2 at the plot 10x8 & 6x4. Still could do with a bit more space at times

I understand your kind vibes, Snows - thank you...

There is also a woodshed attached to it along the side of the house, and it's chokka at the moment as we were given a neighbour's coal and wood after their chimney caught fire, and they decided enough was enough, as they weren't getting any younger!

There's also a shelf unit in there, which has the same sort of jumble associated with most sheds, four dozen jam jars, old tools, a folding ladder, some steps, a sack-barrow, a Terrex spade, twenty odd door handles (another story), all the lead from some building works, half a mile of old copper tube ditto, the garden umbrella (folded), a set of drain rods for those little unexpected pleasures, (usually on a Monday morning, when fragility is one's watchword), a million pots and seed trays and a dead rat - he/she went a week or so ago, and we still can't find it...

Goosegirl

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2017, 12:26 »
Growster - just to help you organise your shed, try these ideas:
1) Get some glass jars, nail the lids underneath the shelf, fill said jars with screws, nails (minus the one you've just used) then screw the jars onto their lids.
2) Give the paint tins a shake. If there's a slurping noise they're ok; if not chuck them out.
3) Hang your tools on the wall using nails (you know where they are now so no excuses) and outline each one  with indelible marker so you know where to put them back.
4) Re- the lead and copper tubing. Donate it to your local church just in case it has sprung a leak recently.
5) "A festive time is coming and so, if all else fails
     You could possibly obtain one in the up-and-coming sales.
     And if you get a flat-pack, beware the Autumn gales!
     Make sure it's standing sturdy by using all your nails." 

I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Growster...

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2017, 16:15 »
Goosey, some responses are necessary here: -

1) Get some glass jars, nail the lids underneath the shelf, fill said jars with screws, nails (minus the one you've just used) then screw the jars onto their lids. That mucks up the marmalade...
2) Give the paint tins a shake. If there's a slurping noise they're ok; if not chuck them out. The paint is fine under the skin, which can be removed like a sheet of lasagne...
3) Hang your tools on the wall using nails (you know where they are now so no excuses) and outline each one  with indelible marker so you know where to put them back. Even better, are wire 'butcher's hooks' like an 'S', which I use all the time...
4) Re- the lead and copper tubing. Donate it to your local church just in case it has sprung a leak recently. It was all pinched from the church behind us, twice, so they don't need it now it's all felt (over the vestry that is)...
5) "A festive time is coming and so, if all else fails
     You could possibly obtain one in the up-and-coming sales.
     And if you get a flat-pack, beware the Autumn gales!
     Make sure it's standing sturdy by using all your nails." 

Finally, the name 'Dryden' just appeals when one is discussing sheds, doesn't it...

;0)

Tenhens

• freedom lodge for tenhens ex battery 1 year on
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2017, 12:18 »
The jam jar idea sounds ok , not too bothered about the marmalade.   Strawberry jam , that's a different matter altogether , you wouldn't be able to pop it in the microwave for glazing the 'seasonal' cake.   
we also rescue rabbits and guinea pigs, grow own veg

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 36 queries.