Advantages from the hot weather.

• 21 Replies

Growster...

Re: Advantages from the hot weather.
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2018, 18:53 »
Think I might have saved a few bob on the heating bills over the last few weeks!  :unsure:

Spot on Jay!

Our electricity bill was reduced from £123 to £107, even after the cold winter and spring!

Mind you, we'll get a hike on the sprinklers no doubt..:0(

Goosegirl

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2018, 11:51 »
We had to get an electric fan as my OH needs some cooler air to help with his breathing but it shouldn't affect our bills too much, potatoes leaves still looking fine, lavender flowers covered with bees, and it's far too hot to iron.  :)
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

snowdrops

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2018, 21:03 »
I’ve had lots of time to sit & enjoy the garden when it was looking good, must say it’s not looking so good now
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

madcat

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2018, 09:21 »
The door is open from the moment I get up until it starts to get dark - wonderful. The cat agrees with this, as well!

Ah yes ... I remember when we had cats.  The arguments about closing the back door .. for the night, to stop the moths coming in (have you notice how this isn't really a problem this year?  :unsure:), in the autumn when not as warm.  We agreed on shutting it to keep the rain out!  :lol:
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

Growster...

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2018, 18:59 »
The door is open from the moment I get up until it starts to get dark - wonderful. The cat agrees with this, as well!

Ah yes ... I remember when we had cats.  The arguments about closing the back door .. for the night, to stop the moths coming in (have you notice how this isn't really a problem this year?  :unsure:), in the autumn when not as warm.  We agreed on shutting it to keep the rain out!  :lol:

One of our cats used to stay out until about 2:00am, then clamber up the wistaria around the house, and bang on the bedroom window!

Regularly...

After giving me two claws, she'd saunter downstairs and kip the rest of the night and most of the day.

Loved her.

snowdrops

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2018, 21:37 »

lol, do you want 2 more?  I’ve still got my late mother’s 2 that I was unsuccessful in rehoming
P.s I’m not joking I would love for them to go, hubby will even donate a cat flap 🤞

madcat

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2018, 22:03 »
lol, do you want 2 more?  I’ve still got my late mother’s 2 that I was unsuccessful in rehoming
P.s I’m not joking I would love for them to go, hubby will even donate a cat flap 🤞

One day in the future there will be cats here again, but not at the moment.  It wouldn't be fair on them or us.  Or the neighbours.  Haven't they grown on you yet?

Back on topic - the lawn doesn't grow and neither do the paths on the allotment.  :)

xx
What was your weather like

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post December 04, 2019, 11:06
by Goosegirl
clip
weather proverbs

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

8 Replies
Last post February 28, 2021, 19:14
by wighty
xx
What's the weather like where you are? - 2019

Started by JayG on Chatting on the Plot

958 Replies
Last post December 31, 2019, 18:59
by wighty
xx
This beautiful weather

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post May 30, 2023, 17:53
by Hampshire Hog

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 42 queries.