westwood gemini rotovator

• 0 Replies

pluggy

westwood gemini rotovator
« on: March 11, 2015, 00:11 »
Hi everyone,

New member here, rob 22 from castleford in west yorkshire.

my great grandfather sadly passed away just over a year ago and during house clearing came across something the family were going to scrap. A westwood gemini rotavator in the back of the damp garage. to my knowledge it had been there for nearly 20 years and hadn't run for around the same time.
So to save it i said it take it as i like all things mechanical and it was something my grandad used.

Last year i put on a single pole ignition, new points and new ht lead cap. Even the 3 star petrol my grandad had in the garage in the sealed red gerrycan and well.. it ran! Did a bit of work turning over the garden and it was well away.

However it begin to run and smoke a little bit and once warm cut out when coming off revs to a idle and wouldnt start again.

So, this evening ive just bought a few little goodies to treat it :).

Gaskets for engine and carb
new float and slow running tube
air filter housing and inner filter
new spark plug (Still ran on cj8 champion!)
briggs abd stratton oil sae30 ( been running it for testing on semi synthetic engine oil.
New pull start.

Im very sure its a suffolk 98cc aluminium engine but not 100% sure as i know its older than me anyway.
It has a zenith 13tca-2 carburettor.
Can anyone tell me of how old this engine maybe and where i could get hold of a westwood gemini rotavator manual?.

Im unsure with these new bits coming to totally strip it and paint it all up to look like new again or keep the original paint and just do touch up jobs.

thanks

Rob

xx
Westwood Gemini

Started by cornerhouse on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post May 31, 2009, 17:06
by dorimower
xx
Westwood Gemini Rotavator Service

Started by SimonIG10 on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post July 15, 2012, 18:46
by dorimower
xx
westwood gemini rotavator spares?

Started by jeff-lincs on Equipment Shed

0 Replies
Last post July 22, 2010, 11:50
by jeff-lincs
sad
Westwood groundhog rotovator

Started by Gary webster on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post June 17, 2017, 22:00
by R Tallentire

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 39 queries.