Which deity has I offended this time ?

• 10 Replies

Lardman

Which deity has I offended this time ?
« on: July 29, 2018, 19:24 »
They're a real fan of schadenfreude  :mad:

Along with the usual rubbish I have to deal with on a daily basis looking after Mother Lard. This weekend really would try the patience of a saint. 

The rats have gnawed a hole in my water butt. The dog has eaten the sofa seats. The car exhaust has 6" rusty gash in it.  The ramps I bought to crawl under the car were delivered cracked (that's nice and safe !) and the DVR on the CCTV has let the magic smoke out with a big bang.

Never mind I thought these things happen, count to 10 and wait for the nice Ocado man to deliver the shopping.  Only to find when he did the Branston pickle jar had exploded in the crate covering everything in there with glass and pickle  :mad:  I salvaged some crisps and a bottle of vimto squash the rest went back.

Im seriously beginning to think it's personal  :nowink:

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Which deity has I offended this time ?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 20:25 »
Oh dear! Bad luck.
They mean it when they say a 'run of bad luck' cos that's just what seems to happen, I hope it ends soon.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 20:34 »
Oh dear poor Lardman, I thought that sort of c--p only happened to me.   The difference is you are very capable, and I am not.
Last evening smoke alarm goes off, get out ladders, climb, no not that one, so upstairs and down, no.
What is that noise  :mad: :mad:  Guess what - it was my alarm clock, I must have pulled the button out instead of pushing it in !!!
Look at it this way - it can't get much worse - can it  ::) ::) Don't let them grind you down - Ms Bouquet
Ps: I have just modified this because as I walked away, I thought -  "Infamy, Infamy, they've all got it in for me", as the wonderful Kenneth Wiliams once said. ;)  Mrs B
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 20:56 by mrs bouquet »
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

snowdrops

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 22:09 »
Oh dear Lardy, not your day is it. 1,I can send chutneys that will stop you ever needing to purchase Branson pickle if you like✔️ As for the rats,can you not train Max to rat catch, might save him needing to chew sofa covers✔️✔️. Only mother Lard left to sort & ive not got any answers for there except when you cook for her, sit & eat with her, she’ll love the company & will save you cooking twice or once & then nuking a spud so ✔️  On all those issues
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Lardman

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 07:59 »
I'm reminded of the phrase - "the straw that broke the camel's back."

Max couldn't care less about the rats and mice in the house let alone in the garden - just some of the joys of living near a public park. All of my time lately appears to be spent trying to maintain the status quo , there's no forward movement at all.

Don't get me started on Mother Lard's care package and their £34 care calls that last 6 minutes if the staff bother to show up at all.  :mad:

Goosegirl

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2018, 11:22 »
Ooooh! I hate those sorts of days too. I find it's no good fighting them as despite thinking what else can go wrong something else will come up unsuspected and bite you on the bum. Hope your luck gets better soon.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Lardman

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2018, 17:01 »
Sorted the exhaust - whilst I really hate paying over £100 in labour just to swap out a bit of pipe at least I can cross it off the crisis list.  :nowink:

Ramps boxed back up and sent back to Amazoom - I do like their no messing about returns policy.

Not such good news with the DVR, having tried ½ a dozen new drives it's still dead. I'll have to get some glasses before getting the meter out on the board as everything closer than 1ft now is all blurry (when did I get old ? )

Snotty email sent to ocado about delivery handling - it may not be productive but it was cathartic.

Right who's next on the list?  ;)

snowdrops

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2018, 19:00 »
I'm reminded of the phrase - "the straw that broke the camel's back."

Max couldn't care less about the rats and mice in the house let alone in the garden - just some of the joys of living near a public park. All of my time lately appears to be spent trying to maintain the status quo , there's no forward movement at all.

Don't get me started on Mother Lard's care package and their £34 care calls that last 6 minutes if the staff bother to show up at all.  :mad:

Sorry Lard, didn’t mean to offend, was trying to offer practical solutions 😔

Lardman

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2018, 19:20 »

No offence taken or even seen  :nowink: Im just a grumpy old man blowing off some steam .

The constant battle with vermin here is a raw nerve though; every year it's the same but it really has been bad this time. It's not nice to get a clean plate out of the cupboard only to find it covered in mouse poo.  :mad:

madcat

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2018, 19:26 »
Snotty email sent to ocado about delivery handling - it may not be productive but it was cathartic.
Right who's next on the list?  ;)

Air rifle and rats?  Also probably pointless but cathartic.   :D  Threaten Max that you are going to trade him in for a couple of bruiser moggies??  Ditto.  :lol:
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

snowdrops

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2018, 21:30 »

No offence taken or even seen  :nowink: Im just a grumpy old man blowing off some steam .

The constant battle with vermin here is a raw nerve though; every year it's the same but it really has been bad this time. It's not nice to get a clean plate out of the cupboard only to find it covered in mouse poo.  :mad:

Phew that’s ok then. Yuk I couldn’t be doing with mice’s & things, maybe you need a cat or 2, & I’m just the person who can help you there lol. Still looking to rehome my late mother’s 2! It’s been over. 2 years now!!

xx
Time to change the time

Started by Tenhens on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post October 28, 2019, 17:47
by Growster...
xx
Just in time

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post November 07, 2020, 12:47
by mrs bouquet
xx
It's that time again!

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post December 10, 2020, 07:28
by Growster...
xx
Time

Started by bazial on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post March 25, 2020, 10:06
by Wellington

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 39 queries.